I'm getting sucked back in.

by moonpie 46 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

The biggest mistakes I have made in my life were because I thought God was giving me a sign, or telling me what to do. TRY to listen you yourself, and trust yourself. You know the answer.

Welcome

wings

• Samuel Thorsen
    Samuel Thorsen

Jane:

Ny nick is a tribute to the boss of WTS in Norway since the late 60's.

Just find yourself a WT or Awake! mag and look for "editor Thor Samuelsen" on page 2.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

When I first left 25 years ago I thought of going back a few times and almost did. I'm so glad I didn't because with time I realised that their "this is the truth mantra" (which gets on my nerves hearing it nowadays by the way) is way off the mark. You need time to step back and analyse everything they have indoctrinated you with. But you have to be emotionally intelligent to see the truth of the matter otherwise they'll suck you back in. I sister is still in and as unsatified with life as ever as are her daughters.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Moonpie,

I cannot say anything more that what others have already said. But, what I will offer is support.

I hope you make the right decision.

Quirky1

• janemissy
    janemissy

Samuel!

He is is the head man i Norway, I know. I've even met him some years ago, Very clever of you to use that name.. Hihi...

Nice to see others from Norway in this forum. Ever tried the new Norwegian ex-jw-forum?

Jane.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That's one thing the Washtowel Slaveholdery loves to do. They program people to make anyone that has left, or is thinking of leaving, think they have to go back or stay in. They use guilt trips of all sorts, and if the dying one doesn't work, they will make you think you are going to do untold harm to family if you leave (it's the Washtowel Slaveholdery that is doing the harm, not the one that is leaving).

Ultimately, I recommend reading Crisis of Conscience before making a decision. Do you want to go back to an organization that is so corrupt that one man's best effort to clean it out resulted in his being thrown out? You might also wish to read parts of the Bible, but this time without the bias that you were taught by religion. Pay attention to Jesus' teachings, and that they were intended for bicameral people (hence it will be difficult to understand the true hidden message). One hint is that you should see the common denominator that Jesus wanted people to think on their own, and not rely on external authority figures to do their thinking.

Finally, look at how the Washtowel Slaveholdery has been using Jesus as their role model. Jesus wanted people to think for themselves. Does the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger? Hardly. Jesus wanted people to be free from spurious authority. What about the Washtowel Slaveholdery? If they are not following Jesus' teachings as they claim to, you are much better off out, even if it is going to disrupt family life (as the policies are designed to).

• Mr Ben
    Mr Ben

The Witchtower and it's drones rely on you to make an emotional decision. They rely on you to make a decision without knowing all the facts. However, the very fact you are here shows your inner strength. You are stronger than you think. You are being emotionally blackmailed. I bet they hit you with crap about killing your daughter's future everlasting life. Ignore it. Lies are powerful only if you believe them.

You are in turmoil at the moment. Recognise that this only shows that you are not ready to make life changing decisions at this time, Take a breath, sit back, and tell yourself you need time. As much time as is necessary. Time for what? Time to research the WT. Here is a link I found extremely useful.

http://corior.blogspot.com/

There are plenty of other sites with information. It will take you a long time to read and re-read all this stuff. That's ok. Don't let anyone rush you. Enjoy your life whilst you do your research. For what its worth, my opinion is listen to your hubby, sound like a good guy.

Don't worry. One day you will look back and laugh at all this.

Best wishes,

Ben

• AGuest
    AGuest

DON'T LOOK AT THE LIGHT!!!"

"I can't help it; it's sooo boootifulll!"

ZAAAPPPP!

May you have peace, dear Moonpie... and ears to hear.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Here is the right answer (or at least one of them):

Hold off on going back at least until your daughter turns 2.

Celebrate it in whatever fashion you planned.

Reflect.

Guaranteed you'll see your husband's point.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I don't have the right answers for you, but I definitely have the right questions:

Do you want limits for yourself and your daughter in opportunities of career, education, community and political involvement, friendships, freedom of thought and medical treatment?

Do you want limits for your daughter on the pool of men from which she may someday choose a husband? Do you want her marrying a man who was either raised or come to believe that he is the head of the household and must do whatever it takes to obtain his wife's submission?

Do you want unneccessary disruption in your nuclear family? Are your sisters and whatever other family you have who are still in the organization, worth throwing away the happy life you have now? Do you want a corrupt corporation dictating your religious beliefs and relationship with God and Christ Jesus? Do you want to succomb to cult-like emotional blackmail? Do you want to expose your daughter to people who protect pedophiles?

If your anwers to all of these questions are, "No!", then you have the answer to the big question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit