Listen! Her blood cries out from the ground!

by Bridgette 24 Replies latest jw friends

• thewiz
    thewiz

you people make it seem like the ONLY people who abuse chidren are Jdubs.

Check it out people. It's the entire world.

Look at China -where newborn babies are left in the gutter to die, especially if it is a girl. Made in China? -maybe you are part of the problem. Girls don't make as good a worker as boys. -Read it in one of the ball-and-chains women's mags.

Look at the child slave industry, that you people buy your clothes from. Got a pair of Nikes? Your're guilty!!! Read that in Penthouse, and the ball-and-chains women's mags.

Look at the child sex-slave industry in Bangkok.

The children of the street in Rio DeJenaro that are shot, if I remember correctly, by the police. Ever go to Rio? Then you must have turned a deaf ear to the cries.

Look at all the abortions!!! They aren't even given a chance...to escape the suction/knife. Worse, the sick people who rationalize that it isn't murder. "It's MY body I can do what I want!"

I'll bring it up again, Rwanda, a predominately Catholic country, where people hacked to death small children.

I'll bring this up again too, the USA dropped bombs on innocent children in Japan 50 years ago.

You people think in the present. Think of time as an object that can be tapped into at anytime. Time doesn't lesson the lives they affected at the time of their atrocity, it drains all of humanity and subsequent generations.

But, oh that's right, where here to ignore everything else, BUT what the WTBS does. My mistake.

You people are limiting your scope, don't you think?

• HoChiMin
    HoChiMin

Bridgette,

Well expressed.

>>"And in calling for justice, I call for the those responsible for the teachings that aided, abetted, and assisted these parents to feel justified for every life destroying blow they administered to this child. YOU are called to, no you are cursed to feel with the humanness and decency of your heart (for I still believe it exists there), the remorse, the weight, the culpability before your god for absolute MIND and SOUL rape you have perpetrated or allowed to be perpetrated against the humans you have entrusted yourself with—especially the little ones. Only when you FEEL these--- Truly FEEL them, will you know peace in this life, or the next."<<

I'm afraid the WT, aka (NY Teliban), will not listen, acnowledge or change their ways. Remember they claim to speak for god and that is all that matters , looking good to outsiders.

HCM

• JeffT
    JeffT

First, I fight abuse wherever I see it. No I don't think dubs are the only ones that do this, but we've got a chance here to expose a problem so I'm going for it.

I just sent one of the Seattle papers links to the story, silentlambs, and this board if they want to talk to witnesses about it.

As I mentioned above this story has now appeared on a totally unrelated board (politics and military history). I've got people asking me why I think the WTBS is a cult.

This is an opportunity to expose the borg for what it is.

• ianao
    ianao

thewiz:

Yes the whole world is guilty. Big whoop. The whole point is that idiot dubs don't think this crap happens in their congs. DUH.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

This is what the Sovereign LORD says: "I am against the shepherds and will hold them accountable for my flock. I will remove them from tending the flock so that the shepherds can no longer feed themselves. I will rescue my flock from their mouths, and it will no longer be food for them"

What else can I say Whiz? I do always enjoy your comments.

Peace,
    Bridgette

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

I wonder if anyone has notified the press who covered this story of the running themes they would find in silentlambs.org of growing up a Jehovah's Witness.
    I just want abuse to stop. If those who'd attended meetings with Laree had only stepped up to the plate.
    Love,
    Bridgette
    p.s. just for the record. Neither I nor anyone in my family buys or owns anything Nike (for that very reason), I am a member of Amenesty International that defends human rights everywhere (even those of JW's--I may not agree w/what you say, but I will defend your right to say it and not be tortured). And me and my husband report suspected child, animal and elder abuse. The point is, I do those things on the other side of the org. While in, I was both abused, and witnessed abuse, and felt helpless to do anything about it--I tend to make up for it now. I have to say I'm a much better human being now that I'm not a Jehovah's Witness.

• celebrate
    celebrate

Bridgette is absolutely right on this one. As a silent lamb who was often badly beaten, I can tell you that as a child you believe the problem is you! You are told the problem is you. Scripture is quoted to prove it is you! This story also has touched me deeply, I still find myself crying and wondering what I can do to help others.

As for The Wiz, yes, all of those things happen, but again, while I was being sexually abused by one witness and the other witness was ignoring it, I was being told the devil was in the Catholic church, I was being told only witnesses would be with God, that witnesses did not vote because other should take care of them -- after all they were the chosen! If you are going to talk the talk, you should also walk the walk. If you are no better than anyone else, you do not have the right to condem them. No Catholic pinned me down, rubbed his penis one me telling me how he wanted to get me pregnant, while I pleaded with him not to do this, just my jehovah witness father. A pervert is a pervert.

celebrate

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Celebrate, you said: "as a child you believe the problem is you! You are told the problem is you. Scripture is quoted to prove it is you!"
    Sadly, this exacerbates the abuse. It is nothing short of (as I said) mind and soul rape. There is nowhere to turn as a child of a Jehovah's Witness if you are being abused. At every turn you are reminded that you are getting what you deserve.
    Anyway, I've sent a link to www.silentlambs.org to the writers of the article in the Chicago Tribune. And I have made copies and shown them to people. Many people who are in positions to catch abuse.
    Some part of Laree is going to live on if I have anything to do with it. Her screams will finally be heard! And no back turning in her congregatioin, or towels stuffed in her mouth will silence her screams for justice beyond the grave.
    I will not forget you, Laree. I care.
    Love,
    Bridgette

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Bridgette...I also sent links (Silent Lambs, Watchtower.org)to several Chicago newspapers, incuding some of the "free" papers. The Reader, New City, Free Press. I've taken this subject to another exjw board and many there have emailed the Sun Times with their own stories. I wish I knew how to go about getting the court transcripts. If anyone can tell me, I'll try my best. I've never done it before so don't really know where to start.

wiz...I know atrocities to children go on all over the world each second of every day. To me, that is the worst possible crime. To hurt someone who is totally defenseless. A child. Like Laree. My heart breaks every day for all the killing, abortions, rapes, torture. I have posted pics on light poles of a convicted child molestor living right here in my Chicago neighborhood. The reason?? He is not supposed to live within a block of a public school, but because he "owned" the house, the law was not enforced. He lives two houses down from the elementary school that my 9 and 12 year old attend. IMO, he should not be free at all! My own nieces and nephew were molested by their own grandfather (on their father's side), who was not a witness, but a "pillar" of the community and a regular church-goer. He got a fine and probation. I wanted to kill him for what he did.

But, growing up in an abusive JW household with far too many similarities to Laree is why I feel a connection to this case. And why it bothers me on a deeper level. It's too close to home. I can actually feel some of what she must have felt. The terror. The fear. The sick feeling in the pit of your stomach when you are stripped naked and waiting for the thick belt, or the extension cord, or the yardstick. Getting told NOT TO CRY or it will be worse! And it is always worse. And it doesn't stop. The frenzy feeds itself. You almost pass out.
    Knowing there is NO WAY OUT. Knowing NO HELP WILL COME. Helpless. Being told the reason they do this is because they love you. And it's Jehovah's will. You're no good anyway. You'll be destroyed at Armageddon. Listeing to my sister's screams and trying to close my ears, until she learned not to scream at all, and I was just numb.

Getting all this "Christian love" so mixed up in your mind that you think your husband doesn't love you unless he hits you and calls you a worthless slut.

No, wiz, I don't think JWS are the only ones who do this to their kids, but they are the ones I grew up with....they are the ones I have nightmares about...they are the ones who condoned it...who didn't help my sister...who killed her by not caring....

Thank you for this, Bridgette. Thank you.....

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

April,
    Thank you for sharing what you're doing about this. Somehow, the thought of some light being shed in these very dark corners, gives me comfort. Perhaps another Laree or Kelli can be saved. It's worth a try.
    You put everything I was feeling in my heart concisely into words, thank you.

Here's to justice for THEY..."who killed her by not caring...."
    Thank you.
    Love,
    Bridgette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit