Reasons for change in meetings and book study

by JWRESEARCH 43 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

There were already a few topics and posts about the motifs behind the changes, but i think we can unite them all in just one topic.

For a start i will say thar the letter that is going to be read next weekend, says that GB wants to reduce the burden (quotes acts 15:28), and adds that in many countries the gas (Petroleum) is at a very high cost for some families. Then it makes a suggestion to use the same day for study at home with family.

Of course that the text of Hebrew 10:25 is not quoted! - If we are more close to the end it should be taken the opposite measure!

• minimus
    minimus

Wouldn't that be an acknowledgment that the extra night WAS a "burden"?

BTW, who the hell are you?? A District Overseer or Carlo The Circuit Overseer??

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

scan?

• sacolton
    sacolton

I don't think the WTBTS cares less about the gas prices. If the price of gas is going to affect the meeting, doesn't that say alot about their zeal for Jehovah? "We gotta cut one meeting of spiritual food at this time of the end because Joe Six Pack can't afford $5.00 of gas." That would be like surrendering to this evil system.

No, it's all about more control and less pedophiles having access to children at homes.

• JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

"BTW, who the hell are you?? A District Overseer or Carlo The Circuit Overseer??"

Was that for me?

• sir82
    sir82

Fascinating if they really use the Acts 15:28 "burden" text as a reason!

Our PO once went off during one of his long-winded meandering harangues talks about the difference between "burdens" and "loads". "Loads" are what we all must bear, but "burdens" are bad. "Burdens" are what the Pharisees put on the people. Jehovah does not "burden" us, although he might give us a "load" to bear. And on and on and on.

So, the Society freely admits that "meetings are a burden"!

Love it! So, why not just flat out cut most of the meetings to reduce our burden...hey, I've got an idea...why don't we just meet on Sundays?

• minimus
    minimus

Yes, JWR.

You are quite fascinating. But who are you? You've told us virtually nothing about yourself. If everything you say proves correct, it would seem you must at least be a PO in the Hall. So will you give us any insights????

• lalliv01
    lalliv01

JWRESEARCH, thanks for the information. I hope to see more of you on this board.

lalliv01

• journey-on
    journey-on

They need more SALES. Preach...preach...preach...in Watchtower language translates into "sell...sell...sell".

Sells are down. There has been discussion to increase Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. another hour. This

will free up an evening/night perfect for getting out there and making "sales calls". They are simply trying to

increase revenue just like any corporation experiencing a decrease in sales of their product.

Edited to add: Not just to increase sales, but to recruit new members to increase contributions.

• minimus
    minimus

JWRESEARCH, where did you go, bro???

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit