Your most memorable Kingdom Hall meeting disruptions!

by easyreader1970 109 Replies latest jw friends

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

BTTT...thought it was good reading!

• crapola
    crapola

Oh, I have so many! One older sister with heart problems fainted and the paramedics were called. The ambulance came with sirens blaring but the meeting continued on. She was fine later on.

Another time a sister farted on a metal chair at the bookstudy. We were at a private home. Anyway, I lost control of my giggles and had to leave the room.

Another time, my best friend was having car trouble and had the hood raised. She was doing something to it and it somehow came out of park and started rolling and went over a cement thing. It landed in the grass, that really was'nt funny until later and we thought about it. This was'nt during a meeting but was still funny!

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yeah, if you all will remember a couple of months ago crapola made the comment about having to steer a car into a tree after it had been knocked out of gear. The car belonged to the same sister. Ol Sharon sure was a shit magnet wasn't she craps? What about the time June G. was asleep (Narcoleptic sister from our old hall, very sweet by the way) and the chair in front of her broke depositing an Elder in her lap. She screamed extremely loudly.

• crapola
    crapola

LOL. I had forgot all about that!

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

A man I studied with had a heart attack and died 5 minutes into the public talk. At least they had the good sense to cancel the meetings. Very unusual. W.Once

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

1 Heart attack. Ugly scene. We still did the WT

1 no show for a public talk so went straight to the WT and went home early.

An "apostate" at a CA. the brothers rushed him and an over zealous brother tackled all of them causing injuries. The "apostate" sued and lost. This was my first assembly and yet I stayed.

• wobble
    wobble

We had many over the years, a sister collapsed due to an overindulgence in drink and drugs, and many more.

My favourite was the little girl who yelled loudly as she was carried out of the Hall:

"I don't want a smack, I had one at home!"

What was so funny about that was we all knew her lovely parents NEVER smacked her ! she was one clever little girl, still is, bigger now, they grow you know.

Love

Wobble

• cantleave
    cantleave

My 42 years of meeting attendance were quite uneventful but here's a couple of things I remember.

In the early 80's, during a Public Talk, was interrupted by a 6 lads wearing Adam and the Ants type peacock punk clothing walking into the hall asking if they could listen. They were directed to the back row by the attendant. They sat for a bout 10 minutes, one of them said in really loud voice "this is boring!" and they all filed out again. The speaker, rambled through the talk as if nothing had happened. I was in my early teens and thought they were really cool.

We used to have District assemblies Conventions at The Dell football ground in Southampton. There were some residential flats close by that over looked the stadium. I remember someone from those flats turning their msound system up full blast and playing Frankie Goes to Hollywood's "RELAX", a song which at the time was banned by the BBC.

Also at the Dell there was a bomb scare and a flasher. Bournemouth is completely uneventful by comparison.

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

When I was married my ambitious MS husband would get sent out for public talks. We had two young children and I of course was dealing with them alone. During one "away" talk I had both girls alseep on me (they were like 1 & 2) when all of a sudden my cell phone went off. I looked to my BIL in law who came with us and said HOLY SHIT really loud. Meanwhile my cell is just ringing and ringing because I ddin't want to wake up the kids and my freaking BIL could not find my phone to shut it off. So I managed to disrupt the whole meeting AND curse all in one fell swoop. Funny now but EMBARASSING at the time.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I always prayed for the meeting to be disrupted, but Jehovah never answered.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit