A offense against all involved?

by DJK 18 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DJK
    DJK

I have heard it on this forum that victims are sometimes considered an offender. I did believe it, just never wanted to hear my father say or agree with it. Now I'm angry. I e-mailed him the trial results from California last week and this is his reply. DJK

We are on common ground, child molestation is despicable! It is considered to be fornication by Jehovah's Witnesses and an offense against all involved, including the offender. 1 Corinthians 6:14, Galatians 5:19-21. Judging those accused is not a black and white decision. Is it a capital offense?, Is it habitual?, Is the offender reformable?, With the proper motivation can any addiction be kept under control? Alcohol,Drug,Gambling,Smoking, Homosexuality,Sexual impulses,Pedophelia, Spousal abuse, Uncontrolled anger,Overeating , the list goes on and on. The godless would say"We were born that way,we have no choice , it's in our genes,we can't help it"! Modern "science" reinforces this fallicy.Truth is, all addictions can be overcome by self-control and the right motivation such as a heartfelt desire to change. Nevertheless, some respond irrationately particularly toward those they do not know personally ,others jump to the defense of relatives and friends. Those sitting in judgement have a weighty task and needless to say, experienced judges have made mistakes, either being too lenient or too harsh.When all is said and done, which would you choose?
    -------------- Original message --------------
    The trial I was following ended yesterday.

Murrieta Man Convicted Of Molesting Sisters Ages 9, 10
    Jury Takes Less Than Day To Find Simental Guilty

POSTED: 9:09 pm PDT April 17, 2008

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Ah, got to love a diehard Jehovah's Witness - Can't spell, but doesn't hesitate for a second to criticize science!

And wow, that reasoning! Molesting a child is an offense against the molester?? WTF!!!???

S4

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    And wow, that reasoning! Molesting a child is an offense against the molester?? WTF!!!???

I don't see how that is difficult to understand. What we do to others, we also do to ourselves.

Burn

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Burn - So that's why no one has ever murdered more than one person!! I get it now.

S4

• DJK
    DJK
    Those sitting in judgement have a weighty task and needless to say, experienced judges have made mistakes, either being too lenient or too harsh.When all is said and done, which would you choose?

This seems to imply elders never make a mistake.

• White Dove
    White Dove

While it is true that what we do to others we do to ourselves, offenders don't feel regret unless they are caught. They feel no consequences. Some even feel good about it...until they are caught. Most incarcerated rapists feel remorse. Those who never got caught feel nothing if not good about what they've done.

They think they are making the victims' dream come true by fulfilling a sexual fantasy they imagine the victim has even when he is beating (sometimes to death) the victim. NOT TRUE! They are glad they didn't get caught. They didn't think they would get caught so feel like this is a safe crime.

They think they are doing nothing wrong and the law is not right when it comes to child sexual abuse. They feel that they have a special relationship with the child and that the child is much older than she/he really is. Rapists feel they will get away with it because victims seldom report it.

16 out of 17 rapists will spend a night in jail. .05% of pedophiles are punished for their crimes. Children make very bad witnesses because of their limited language development and they can be coached and threatened by others to say what the rapists want them to say.

Often the offender is someone the child knows and trusts. Often it is the father figure in the child's life. I've included rapists and molesters in this note. Often the rapist is someone the woman knows and trusts.

Both of these crimes tend to happen in places in which the victims feel a measure of safety: Home and church. It's very rare for a complete stranger to rape a person/child. It is very rare for it to happen in a parking lot or ally.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Oh, and it usually happens over a period of two years. That is the average. It will continue until someone puts a stop to it, be it the mother or the child her/himself.

Only the most recent encounters are counted for punishment because of a statute of limitations for the older encounters. This makes it harder to prosecute because it reduces the number of incidents for that case. It could have gone on the child's entire life yet only the last few count if they are within a certain time span.

Now, add to that the two witness rule where the only witness is a child who would make a bad one because of age and you get pedophiles who get away with it.

Please know that only .05 of children lie about being abused.

Less than 2% of women lie about being raped.

Also, add to all of this that the men are upstanding in the congregation and you have pedophiles and rapists with diplomatic immunity. DI keeps the congregations LOOKING clean.

• White Dove
    White Dove

The references I site are:

Riding the Bull at Gilley's by Diana Scully and Marolla. Rapists in prison talk about their crimes.

Exiting Child Abuse (or Molestation) by...I'll get the author's names later. Child molesters in prison talk about their crimes.

• wings
    wings

typical

JW

sicko

thinking

• White Dove
    White Dove

This just proves how out of touch with reality, society, education, and science the elders really are. "Dr." Phil would be much better than these. With or without a license to practice, he did have the training. He violates ethical guidlines but the elders get off scott free because THEY FOLLOW GUIDLINES as set out by janitors and window washers. Their code of ethics is different than those of professionals who deal with this kind of thing often.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit