Jehovah's Witness refuses blood for her unborn twins.

by nicolaou 26 Replies latest watchtower medical

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's strange how mind conditioning can make people believe in the most ridiculous ideas and policies, in this case refusing blood voluntarily donated to save a life. It's not as if the donor died or was harmed in any way. There is no parallel with the death of an animal and its blood.

• chikikie
    chikikie
    It's strange how mind conditioning can make people believe in the most ridiculous ideas and policies, in this case refusing blood voluntarily donated to save a life. It's not as if the donor died or was harmed in any way. There is no parallel with the death of an animal and its blood.

One day having a blood transfusion will be conscious based, and they will be a massive bite back from all the witnesses that have lost loved ones......... I can see it coming, it is such a major issue.

No child really should die in these circumstances in this day and age. Everything possible should be done without question to save a childs life. my two cents

• loosie
    loosie
    Those POOR little babies that are so defencless against the evil governemnt.

Evil government. Ha. I am glad they are already prepared to step in and give the blood. I

t's one of the dumbest rules the Wt has

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

This congoliese woman learned her medical skills in a country where the locals practice medicine with macheties and perform quick amputations in the open countryside. Its an cultural thing.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's good that the law has found ways around the ability of parents to be completely wrong about what's best for their children. Frankly I think that deep down, the parents are glad about it too.

• Jahman
    Jahman

I know this is a highly emotionaly charged issue. It should be because a life is at stake,but for me its a no brainer. If my child was in danger,there are plenty of other things to do.

I have a friend who is not a JW a few years back. He went in for a liver operation. He had blood. He now has a condition I cant pronounce and it will shorten his life. He then found out that it came from the blood. He joined a group over here call 'the tainted blood action group'. This group is trying to find a way to sue the government over this because they run the company that supplies the blood. There are many in this group with the same story and they all regret ever having blood. This group is also aware of the corruption of the government on this topic. they have imported blood from other countries to fill the demand. THIS IS ILLEGAL...yet they do it and few know about this.

This group now try to educate people to try other ways other than blood.

My father has cancer and is going to have an operation for it. On the admission form you must sign a waver giving the hostpital immunity over any disease you may contract from blood. WHY do you think they do that ??? because its dangerous stuff and even if I wasnt a JW I would never touch the stuff. The group mentioned above are not JWs and they all wish they never had blood. They cannot give you any assurance the supply is clean and the truth is that if you want the best for your children,do your research and you will find other ways to save their life that wont endanger them to something else later on.

• Highlander
    Highlander
    to try other ways other than blood.

Don't confuse the issue. Sometimes there are zero alternatives to the no blood policy. In other words: take blood and you live, or refuse and you die.

I have no problem with avoiding blood and using the safest medical procedures available. I do have a problem when a person's religion has a medical policy that results in death for those that have little to no chance of surviving without the use of blood products.

It should also be said that the unborn babies aren't choosing to potentially die because of a cult's medical policy. Give these babies a chance to live and grow to become adults that can make their own choices to commit suicide for a cult.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit