Book study reminiscing - what was your memorable bookstudy experience.

by yadda yadda 2 23 Replies latest jw friends

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Hehe..loved reading those experiences, cheers.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I had a part in the School play "Androcles and the Lion" (Shaw)

I was at the BS and going over my lines in my head. The study got to a bit on 1st cent Christians being thrown to the lions.

At that point, without thinking I opened my mouth and out popped my line (with all the appropriate hysteria)

"OH, my lord, I too shall be a Martyr!"

RED RED face.

HB

• foreverfree
    foreverfree

I almost forgot. I was at another Cong. And this older sister had the BS in her cellar. You could park around back and enter from outside. Anyways she had a small bathroom in the cellar. You could open the door and see the toilet. It was common for someone to go in and out using it. Well one night just after closing prayer, one desperate sister did a running dance to the toilet. I guess Brother A (BS conductor) did'nt notice the bathroom was occupied. He was laughing as he opened the door and when he did all everyone seen was this sister facing away bent over to pull up her drawers. In other words - FAT BLACK OLDER LADY BLUBBER BUTT. The smile left Bro. As face and everyone froze. When the sister yelled " Oh my god" ! He shut the door and everyone filed out quickly. The bro I was with had to pull over to the side of the road cuz of laughing so hard.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

At the most liberal book study I ever attended, we had a tradition of making EVERY night goodie night, with a little something extra... delicious wine.

This lasted for a couple months before someone complained to the other elders (obviously the ones in our bookstudy were fine with it). I asked the hosts, "no more wine?" and they muttered something about not being allowed to any more.

I must say, the paranoia in that instance stumbled me more than the wine ever did. Thanks, prudes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit