CONFIRMED Book Study amalgamated with the TMS and SM

by yesidid 135 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

How exactly would this work? for dummies please? Combine Tues & Thurs? thank you in advance.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Unless they shorten the other meeting, that's going to be one long evening.

S

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

<< How exactly would this work? for dummies please? Combine Tues & Thurs? thank you in advance.>>

They must be planning to reduce the current load in the TMS or/and Service meeting. They could also reduce the book study to 45 mins or 30 mins and cover less material.
  • JWRESEARCH
    JWRESEARCH

The information of yesidid is 100% correct

The book study will have 25m and it will be done before the school ministry

One less meeting per week

• The Scotsman
    The Scotsman

<< The book study will have 25m and it will be done before the school ministry >>

Any idea when this will start?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

That's great news -- give the poor dubs a little tiny bit of life.

However, the guilt will rush in to fill the gap -- what will it be spun as? More time for evening witnessing? More time for personal study? "It has come to our attention that only 3% of family heads conduct a regular family Bible study. In order to provide the time necessary, we are implementing this new arrangement...."

I do hope the rank-and-file JW's manage to use it for themselves, but I'm not optimistic.

Dave

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

That makes the Thurs meeting longer. As I recall, the meeting was 1:45. Now it will be 2:15? Blech.

I don't know what's worse, more long meetings, or shorter meetings broken up during the week.

• yknot
    yknot

Wow great sluething !

Thanks!

• carla
    carla

So this would get rid of say the Tues meeting alltogether? hmm, that would mean they don't see each other everyother day, I find that hard to believe. Maybe they are making Tues some new wacky meeting?

• cinnamon1642
    cinnamon1642

My guess is in January 2009. Revelation book is ending soon in the book studies. The KM already said next we're doing "Live With Jehvovah's Day In Mind". They could finish that up in 6 months easy by January. The reason I say likely January 2009 is because the TMS schedule is already complete for this year (in October 07 KM). Usually these announcements are made with some time to adjust and for everyone to be in anticipation of the change that is coming. Based on changes in the past (Awake to once a month, WT changes both happened at beginning of year, TMS changes in 2003 happened at beginning of year...) it doesn't appear they would implement this immediately.

If they do it would be different than the norm and there would have to be some big impetus to make such changes immediately in the middle of the year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit