How did the new light go down in your hall?

by Mickey mouse 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

the hands going up were from about 7 people. the conductor really put in a good 20 minutes of commenting himself

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Red light
    Blue light
    Old light
    New light

Down at the hall
    They tell you when
    Everything old
    Is new again!

- KurtBethel

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Without a hitch. It was just like any other w/t study. They bought it hook, line, and sinker.

• Balsam
    Balsam

I find it hard to comprehend that the ones who have been in the WTS since before 1975 could take this information laying down without saying "What the Hell?" I have a nephew and his family who have been in from the 70's and a ex-husband still in. What must have been going through their minds? But if anyone has ever read George Orwell's book "1984" or seen the movie about double speak. Clearly the people were worn down and simply accept what ever is said because that is how it is. They have stopped feeling, thinking, or reasoning in the story every time the facts change. So it is with the JW's they simply feel they have no choice but to go along with it. Ignorance by choice is the accepted policy and practice of the followers of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

Balsam

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

You guys seem to forget that JWs recieve new light when they're studying their magazines at home. By then they've already absorbed it, gotten pissed off that they believed the old bullshit for years, swallow the new shit and say "*GULP* eewwwaah. The light is getting brighter *gurgle* *gurgle* **BURP**"

Once they get to the meetings, the new FOOD is already mostly digested.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Thats true Nosferatu, I'd forgotten how we went over the study and worked out all our questions then accepted it hook line and sinker. We we so gullible.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Effectively, another wasted two hours.

• outofthebox
    outofthebox

Nothing happened in my congo! They are asleep.

• sir82
    sir82

It's proably not very surprising that this was met with a big yawn.

The 1995 change pulled the rug out from under their feet. In 1 hour, Armageddon was pushed back from "X years from 1914" (a "generation" can't last indefinitely) to "sometime in the future, maybe 3 weeks from now, maybe 50 years from now". That was a huge huge change for people taught over and over again about the "generation that saw 1914".

The 2008 change still maintains the "Armageddon might come any time in the next 50 years" paradigm, while just making (in practical terms) a rather insignificant shift from "generation = bad guys" to "generation = good guys". All it really does is help tighten up their "no more 1935 cutoff date" switch.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Anybody else here have old threads show up without any recent comments? Weird. It is funny, as this was something I sort of discussed with my mom the last couple of weeks and she is in total denial that anything changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit