WTS view of women and sin

by megaflower 20 Replies latest jw friends

• megaflower
    megaflower

oh yes those privileges mickey mouse spoke of. Hmm Lets see what privileges I was always allowed to have and often asked to do- Clean the Bathrooms. Shortly before my fade I told the elder to go in there and clean it himself I had other things to do.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Well according to the Google ad, you can meet some attractive women and get yourself into some sin if you just click the link.

The Watchtower was right; sin is staring me in the face all the time!!!! And it's all teh wimminz' fault!!!

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I have often wondered why the FDS always undermined women. They use many scriptures to explain why women are less then a man.

Because they wouldn't be able to attract/create pedophiles and wife beaters without undermining women.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I adore women. I have read the scriptures and they are taken out of context. There are other scriptures that tell a man to listen to his wife's counsel, and to work with her. My wife and I had this talk before we got married in the jw religion and we BOTH decided that we would consult on decisions, work as a team, and never undermine the other's authority with the kids. We also promised to consult on any purchase over $100. I love my wife and would never think of pulling some kind of RANK on her. I believe the Bible says the headship arrangement is a responsibilty thing and should not be abused. Sort of like a Captain of a ship at sea. There can only be one captain, and he is the one that goes down with the ship. If things go sour in the family, God would hold the man responsible.

• yknot
    yknot

Well if you go back and re-read Genesis 3 (esp verse 12) you will notice that the WTS and many men throughout history have taken on Adam's stance of avoiding personal accountability. "It is all HER fault!" whine whine whine, negative label, negative label

Of course if this were true then Jesusa would have been the Christ and Romans would say through one woman sin entered the world.

This type of logic gave us the " I raped her because of the clothes she was wearing, it isn't my fault that I can't control myself, I am not responsible, she is, she made me do it........tease" mentality

The thing that is often over looked is the fact that he must have wanted to eat the fruit, or he would have said no.

Defeat is easier if you blame someone else for the mistakes.

• lfcviking
    lfcviking

To be fair, i don't think their subjugation is directed exclusively towards women alone, the WTBTS don't leave anybody out of their tight icy grip. They seem to supress everybody in their control whether it be women, men, children, teens, wives, husbands etc.

True, i don't like the particular way that they undermine women either. It seems that they are paranoid, perhaps scared even that one day women will compete with men for roles of authority in the organisation, and they try to control this with their policies of 'Headship' and 'Subjugation' in marriage and congregational arrangements.

This is yet another example of the WTBTS being disconnected from reality. There is no denying of it that some women are simply more clever, mentally stronger, and posses better leadership skills than a lot of men in this modern world that we live in. But it seems the WTBTS will simply not tolerate any opposing of its rigid, stern rules and will continue to have women under the thumb.

Good topic!

LFCv

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it is downright rotten what the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger's attitude toward women is. I notice that all the Washtowel magazines with paradise scenes always have the men in casual wear, but the girls and women in dresses even to go out in the garden.

Also, they cannot do anything of responsibility. They aren't even allowed to scrub toilets without some "brother" watching. All they can do is pioneer, go to Beth Hell, or marry a hounder or assistant hounder. And they are to remain submissive to their husbands, which is downright horrible when the marriage begins to stagnate due to the constant field circus. Abuse usually results, and the women end up feeling that their decisions do not matter.

I would like nothing more than to commit fornication, right in front of the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger, with the opposite sex. And it would be mutual agreements that lead to decisions (the men are not supposed to be responsible for more than themselves and any children they father, not even the wife--meaning the wife is free to make her own decisions). And it would mean that I would give the women the liberty to believe whatever they wanted--and to change that belief if it came to their attention that it was wrong. For sure, I wish the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger a nasty place in Hell or the Ostracism Wasteland where the women would reject them cold, while they would have to watch me (who they wanted celibate for their Value Destroyer Training School) commit fornication continually right in front of them.

• megaflower
    megaflower

Great comments all, I have enjoyed your imput. Yes, the women wears only a dress. She even plows fields in them. I have noticed on the cover of mags they like her in pearls too. I always mow the yard in pearls, pumps and a nice long dress. Ha

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

this is really funny! I clean house in my flowered dress, permed hair, pearls, make-up, hose and heels. It just goes so much faster that way. I have sex dressed that way, too, it helps my husband see how much I appreciate his role as the head of the family.

• flipper
    flipper

MEGAFLOWER- I agree completely with your views! I hated being a witness and seeing the " superior patriarchal" attitude of the men towards women ! I used to think it was funny as hell seeing some sister make a comment at a Watchtower study correcting a wrong comment a brother made ! Silently to myself I would say , "Right on ! " Then after the Watchtower study I'd go up to the sister and tell her her comment kicked a$$ ! Well not in those words- but you get my drift ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit