Ehhhh, can you hear this ???

by JH 19 Replies latest jw friends

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I hear up to 14, but then it as almost inaubable buzzing. My kids have that ringtone, and Mrs Smith hears it clearly. She actualy complains that its painful.

I heard that a shopping centre in Australia (I may be wrong) transmitted 17khz+ in their parking area to stop the teens from loitering. It worked very well too.

• Indo_Dude
    Indo_Dude

I can hear (barely) 16KHz, but not 17KHz.

• JH
    JH
    I heard that a shopping centre in Australia (I may be wrong) transmitted 17khz+ in their parking area to stop the teens from loitering. It worked very well too.

I guess it's no place to walk your dog neither......

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah I can hear it quite well. I have wanted to use it as a ringtone too, but my provider wouldn't allow it.

My hearing isn't as good as it used to be. When I was 8 years old, going out to door to door, I could hear from across the street the high-pitched sound emitted by the picture tube of a television. I would be able to hear the TV being on even when the volume was muted. I was also very sensitive to other sounds, which were painful and frightening to me.

But my hearing isn't as sharp now, although I had my hearing tested a number of years ago because of tinnitus but my hearing was determined to be above average -- I had no problem hearing the normal frequencies. The doctor thought that my tinnitus was caused by hearing my neural activity as sound and he said that is quite common for young people. What is funny is that despite my acuity, I am hopeless in processing speech in noisy environments. I guess it's like someone with a hearing aid -- too much noise interfering. But that is due to an auditory processing problem I've always had.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

On my desktop, I can hear the 16 kHz quite well, but I have some trouble with the 17 kHz. But my desktop is very noisy, and I can hear up to 19 or 20 kHz on my laptop.

Here is the best, and seemingly most reliable test on the internet, as it includes the dimensionality of loudness:

http://www.phys.unsw.edu.au/jw/hearing.html

I can hear 16 kHz up to -54 dB, 12 kHz up to -72 dB, and 8 kHz up to -75 dB. How about you?

• JH
    JH

I made sure my speakers could handle frequencies up to 20 khz when I saw that I couldn't hear above 15 khz. Well, 15 khz isn't bad at 48 years old...lol

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I can hear both fine. What's the fuss?

• JH
    JH

The fuss is having visible signs that those who can't hear all those sounds are OLD....

• St-Jacques
    St-Jacques

14 khz at 19 years old.... too much Rage Against the Machine. Or maybe my headphones are broken..... either way, too much Rage Against the Machine.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am 46 and heard all the way to 15 kH

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit