Who here likes U2?

by ashitaka 16 Replies latest jw friends

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

I just went to a recent concert and they were really moving..they did an acoustic version of Please, off of Pop. Bono's voice was perfect.

I went to the Philly November 2nd show.

Anybody else go?

ashi

• JanH
    JanH

Ah, I love U2. I have never had a chance seeing them live, and that is a real bummer. Oh well, that's life in the provinces.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Angharad
    Angharad

I love the song 'Stuck in a moment' - Bono has a brilliant voice

• mommy
    mommy

I have never been to a U2 concert three times for emphasis

I have been to where the streets have no name, it is in god's country, but I found I was running to stand still. And with or without you I will go to the red hill mining town, I hear there is nice view from one tree hill. Of course you can tell I still haven't found what I am looking for
    wendy

Blind faith can justify anything.~Richard Dawkins

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

u2 haven't done anything since the joshua tree
    they jumped the shark with rattle and hum

but the concert at Continental Airlines Arena a few weeks
    ago was u2 in perfect form

"pride" w/ Martin Luther King....unbelieveable

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Jan, if you ever have the chance, jump at it...it's surreal.

Ang, can you imagine 20,000 people singing stuck in a moment? It's awesome. Bono's voice along with 20,000 people is so moving.

It wasa really emotional concert.

During One a blue screen slowly lifted out of the stage. Then a white letters faded in..."Flight 93"....people just lost it. It continued to list people the whole song. It took six minutes just to list the people on the planes, and the NYPD and FDNY. It was the most moving version of One I've ever heard.

ashi

• Will Power
    Will Power

Awesome!!

Saw them at the US Festival back in um 1980.

The Clash was there too!

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

i remeber i posted a few weeks ago regarding the u2 show...
    i believe it confirmed that white men have no rhythm....
    watching guys play air guitar was truly pathetic,.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Ash - If I get the chance I'll definately go and see them

• AMarie
    AMarie

I've been dying to see US. Even though they are a rock band, their lyrics are very spiritual and sometimes make a political statement. On top of that they sound f$%cking awesome. I hope to go if they come to my area. Unfortunately, tickets are pretty expensive to see them play. Anywhere from $50 (nose bleed section) to $1000 (front row). I'm sure it's totally worth it, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit