fresh baked bread

by Nathan Natas 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I have two bread machines - yup 2 - and love to make fresh bread. My fav of the moment is cinnamon raisin - just heavenly

I have a bread machine too, and my favourite is the cinnamon raisin bread. I also make whole wheat in the machine, and I make paska by hand. alt

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I'm not a fan of bread machines, something about the texture is just not right with the finished product. I have used it to make dough for pizza occasionally, but I really do prefer to knead it myself.

There is nothing more satisfying than kneading a big clump of sticky flour/water/salt/yeast mixture, into a firm, cool, smooth dough then watching the magic of the yeast do it's work over a couple of hours.

Every year a good friend and I get together and make rolls for Christmas Dinner. I've made bagels as well, it's hard to get the "real" bagels here, what you get in the supermarket cannot compare to the real thing (wish I had a wood fired oven!!).

BB

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I love my bread-maker for making dough, it sure beats the old fashioned way. I use to get high off

the smell of fresh yeast, not in a good way felt awful. Thank's for the recipe.

hope4others

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I love bread! I wore out a break machine and am glad I did. I find that making bread by hand is more fun!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit