JW couple beats daughter to death

by saltiest 52 Replies latest jw friends

• blindnomore
    blindnomore
    The parents accused of beating their 12-year-old daughter to death have told police they were meting out the biblical punishment of '40 lashes minus one, three times.'

You know where this come from.

2 Corinthians 11:24, 25. "By Jews I[apostle Paul] five times received forty strokes less one, three times I was beaten with rods,..."

It was, in fact, a jewish way of punishment, but biblical, toward adult accused not child. This extrem twisted viewpoint is a perfect example of minds of Jehovah's Witnesses. How far and extrem they can go. I am sure the parents did get such viewpoint on their own. This particular incident happend over 10 years ago.

Was this an isolated incident among Jehovah's Witnesses? I don't know any other case to this extend. But then, hadn't someone posted this 10 years+ ago, I would never have known this one either. I know an elder belt his 3 children. The beating finally stopped for their oldest one when he got married and left home. There are still 2 more children home. I know another family who was investigated by the Child Protective Service for beating their toddler. They didn't happend 10 years ago but has been gone on for 10+ years. I stopped associate with them for a couple years now but last I know, their physical abuse toward their children have not stopped.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

Idiotic parents.

Lazy bastards.

It's so easy to lash out with physical punishment. It takes great effort to reason and discipline with some intelligence.

Don't beat your kids to death please.

Life you are a JW - remember the faithful and discreet slave long ago flip flopped on the spare the rod scripture - the official stance is that it is a SYMBOLIC ROD, not a real one.

The ORACLE

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The WT$ flipped flopped on the application of the scriptures advocating the use of the "rod" because and ONLY because they were essentially FORCED to by "Ceaser". Neighbors living near KHs started calling the police when they would hear the screams of babies and children being hit. The police started showing up at the meetings and arresting the accused parents. Announcements started to be made at the KH "Parents please stop taking your children outside to be spanked. The loud noise is disturbing the neighbors. Instead take them to the library or the restroom to spank them" I heard the announcements with my own ears.

In time some JW children starting confiding in teachers, councilors, and the police about their abuse. The parents were "bringing reproach on the organization". The heat was on -public opinion mattered to the GB. Then, and ONLY then, did they officially change their message.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit