by moomanchu 52 Replies latest jw experiences

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Witnoid e-mails goin around.

All I can say is WTF.

Japan Assembly experience
    Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 15:58:51 -0500

Convention experience from Japan! - Gary Wong

A sister was asked to give her experience of how she came into the truth. She wanted to study with the witnesses but first had to get permission from her father. Her father was involved in the Japanese
    mafia and was a very hard man.

The Japanese Mafia has a reputation for being very harsh and brutal in their dealings with people. For example: rather than kill someone, they'll disfigure or maim them to cause them to suffer for
    the rest of their lives.

When she asked her dad if she could study with the Witnesses, he immediately responded with an emphatic "NO!". He would not allow any daughter of his to study with those people. She tried to explain how much this meant to her but he still wouldn't give in to her pleads.
    After many attempts on her part, he finally told her if it was that important to her, then she should be willing to sacrifice something for it. She told him that she was. He said that the price that she would have to pay in order to study would be to have one of her fingers cut off.

She tried to reason with him but soon realized that this would be the only way she would be able to study. So, she agreed! He had the first finger of the right hand cut off. She began her study.

After a time she wanted to start attending the meetings. She again had to ask her father for permission. He again told her that she would have to sacrifice another finger if she really wanted to attend the meetings. She agreed. And her father had the middle finger cut off.

Then, she progressed to the point of baptism. The scenario was the same as before. He told her that she knew the price, and the ring finger of the same hand was cut off. Yet, she was grateful to Jehovah for allowing her to be baptized, and gave no thought to the sacrifice
    she made.

The brother asked the sister: "Now that time has passed, has your father any remorse over his actions towards you?" She said: "Why don't you ask him yourself...he's here today getting baptized!" Her father came out on stage and hugged his daughter and began to cry. He said how sorry he was for hurting his daughter in such a cruel way. He
    could never make it up to her. The brother then asked the sister if she had any feelings of anger towards her father over what he had done to her.

She replied: "If all it took was three fingers to gain my father as my brother then it was well worth it."

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

My understanding is that they cook them in soup.

• loosie
    loosie

That story has got to be a bunch of BS.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wouldn't that be too much pain to go through over and over and over again? It doesn't seem right to me. I certainly would never do such a thing, and I was very zealous.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

The Grumbling Body has commanded the R&F not to circulate these sorts of e-mails on numerous occasions... wasn't, by any chance, an elderette who sent you that?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Here is the key. If the father was so deep in the mafia, what did he have to sacrifice to get out?

• Casper
    Casper

There's no way I would believe such a story today. Sadly, I probably would have in the past...

It's pathetic...

Cas

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Urban legend

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Boy those Asian sisters. Does anyone remember the Asian sister who was imprisoned in solitary confinement for like 30 years and had only Jehovah to talk to and so he became so real she could almost see and touch him? Pardon me for rolling my eyes, but I just don't think God expects anyone to lie in a concrete cell alone in the dark for 30 years. How sick to dream God would expect such from his children. Nor would he expect some poor woman to allow her fingers to be chopped off. How sick.

• poppers
    poppers

What a total crock of BS.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit