There's been some CHANGES made - and, apparently, not everyone is pleased

by berylblue 32 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

Seems likes I'm annoying others and hurting feelings on quite a few occassions when I post here.

Oh, well.

When I first came here, I was a people-pleasing wimp. I express my real opinions now and I'll be damned if I ever go back to silencing myself just to fit in. I don't care if I fit in - I never have, really - sometimes it bothers me but I'd rather be true to myself that dissemble.

I'm sorry if I offend the well-meaning ones here; please understand that I'm finally finding my voice at age 52. I'm not going to pretend I'm something other than what I am.

I know the matter really isn't important enough to mention here and that no one really gives a rat's ass, but I wanted to say this - so I have. I can't go back to being the nice girl who takes everyone's shlt. I just can't. I realize this is only the internet but it's good practice for RL.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Not everyone is made of the same material or caliber and has the freedom to express themselves as their own, to be simple it is individuality. I find no offense and often encourage it.

Quirky1

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Not everyone is going to like you...strangely liberating ain't it?

• minimus
    minimus

BB, I never regarded you as anything but nice. Good 4 u!!!

Everyone needs to grow. We don't need to be wallflowers.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

Dr. Seuss

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

beryl,

You can't please everyone. And some people don't want to be pleased, if you get my drift. Develop a tougher hide and say what you think.

Personally, I have been called a "douche bag," and a "busybody windbag" on here................(hmmmmmm...."bag" seems to be the common theme!)......best to just ignore and/or laugh if off.

You haven't offended me; I like your straightforwardness.

BB (the "bag" lady with the hide of a rhinoceros)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I would really rather risk being offended and get your true feelings on an issue.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

BB

I have spent less time on this forum in recent weeks than in the past - but I don't recall anything offensive.

Let me toast another one with a new voice and opinion at 52. *clink*

I understand.

Jeff

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

Make your actions and words what you believe to be right. If others don't like it, its their problem, not yours.

• flipper
    flipper

BERYLBLUE- I have thoroughly enjoyed any posts I've seen you make on my threads and other threads ! I think you are a class act woman - from everything I can see ! I hope nobody hurt you bad - I'll go after em' sis ! Mr. Flipper of the ( Let's go sick em' class ! ) Peace out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit