What Was The Silliest "Offense" That You Were Counseled For?

by minimus 157 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I wonder if Jesus would care if you had a white shirt on.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty
    As I read this thread, I just can't help but wonder how we all put up with this BS, I can't imagine ever putting myself in that position again.

Thing is we were conditioned to accept such meaningless counsel, unconditionally (hey play on words.) How many times were we told that its a mark of strength and spiritual maturity to accept counsel even when its unwaranted?

• dinah
    dinah

Exactly Darth!!!!! Translation: Even if we are wrong accept this counsel and he freakin' happy.

What kind of people will DEMAND that you follow, even if they're wrong.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

What are "gaucho pants"?.......I know what gauchos are. I just didn't know that there were places to purchase their pants. I always figured that their pants were handed down from their fore-gauchos.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Wife, jean skirt big no no.

Me, beard = mic handling job loss, boo hoo !!

Sister, hair too long and curly. Too worldly looking.

• minimus
    minimus

The English speaking elders counseled the Spanish elders who shared the same Hall all the time because they could. They nitpicked with the more subservient Spanish brothers knowing they could bully them.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

My husband got counseled for laughing in field service. (Not at the door - in the car.)

Sheri

• minimus
    minimus

One must be piously serious at all times or we might stumble somebody.

• confusa
    confusa

This is a sample of a gaucho pant. The one I wore was longer up to my ankles.
    http://www.bizrate.com/womenspants/products_keyword--black+gaucho+pants.html

I could not copy and paste picture or import file.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Okay. So I now I know what gaucho pants are. I'm sure they looked fine on you confusa. If I were wearing them, on the other hand, I would hope that someone would step in and counsel me against it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit