I have to go to a JW funeral

by Mrs Smith 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I also agree that this time should be all about her and the family. But the jw's won't think that at all. Well the overlords anyway. They will try to turn this tragic and painful time into a shot at selling more books.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Thanks Boo.

Yes, that is what worries me. That some idiot over zealous JW decides that it's the perfect time to talk to me. We all know that most of them do not know what is apropriate behaviour.

But the jw's won't think that at all. Well the overlords anyway. They will try to turn this tragic and painful time into a shot at selling more books.

But as I said this friend of mine knows that I haven't been to any meetings in years and am not interested in going back but she has chosen to ignore that and still be my friend. So I'll be there for her and will deal with the others if I have to. Even if it means making all the right JW noises to get them off my back. His funeral is not the time for me to make a stand against the JWs.

• crapola
    crapola

Be there for your friend! And be glad she still will have something to do with you. I have no friends left really. Something that really pisses me off is how Witnesses use a funeral as a time to preach! I've been to a few where the biggest part of the family were not Witnesses and they had to sit there and listen to a 30 min. sermon. That's not the time for one if you ask me. You have my complete support.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

JW funerals are 10 times as "good" as for example protestant funerals. Or is it any better to listen to a priest telling you that why a young girl died, was because God wanted another angel to come to heaven? Or as the priest in the last one I attended, said, in a funeralfor a man of some 60 years, "In my father's house there are many rooms - one where you can play soccer all day thru, and the next day you can go into another room, where you can play with Barbie dolls all day long - yes, it's all there in heaven, waiting for us!"

Man, was I angry! And ashamed of calling myself a Christian! Perhaps other ones present believed I had similar notions about heaven!

• Layla33
    Layla33

Going to a JW funeral was the catalyst for my posting here. A beloved family member passed away, it was my first time in a KH in over 10 years, I was so overcome with grief over losing someone I loved and at the same time, it brought back a lot of memories of being raised in such a place.

Stay strong and be there for your friend. They can't touch you anymore.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit