Why the Dinosaur in the Green NWT Bible?

by VM44 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan B
    Dan B

Refer to the "Golden Age" magazine from sometime in the early 1930's. There you will find the "truth" that the dinosaurs are roaming happily on the surface of Venus.

Dan

• Dan B
    Dan B

The Golden Age of April 1, 1931 on page 428:

It will be very apparent to readers of Judge Rutherford's book Creation that the present condition of Venus is about what the earth was prior to the Flood, and it is significant that some astronomers have advanced the idea that animals like the dinosaurs that once roamed this planet are now finding Venus a happy place in which to live.

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

If you look at the "My Book of Bible Stories," you will note a picture of a dinosaur type creature drowning in the flood. Wish I had a scanner.

Anyhow, when I was little I asked my mother if the dinosaurs were destroyed in the flood and my mom said yes, seeing on how that was what that picture depicted. Silly, seeing on how the bible said to bring 2 of each kind...

• Escargot
    Escargot

Man, I remember drawing a lawn mower for the dinosaur to push across the page! Had grass in front and grass flying.....Looked good....

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

This is from my late sister's Bible. She'd written "poor dinos dead and gone" beside the dinosaur. It's the only reason I keep it.
    Too small--oops!
    April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• one
    one

Alan
    any reference about where they "borrowed" 99%? if you have at hand and available con the web
    so, freddy was not even that smart

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

pic:

• waiting
    waiting

Ya gotta admit, Escargot's lawn mower with grass flying would have made that dinosaur more like the ant (we always heard about) who works hard all the time.

Not all types of dinosaurs were of such gigantic size. Hence, even if they had survived till the Flood, this would not have required taking pairs of the mammoth varieties into the ark.
    Two cats started the whole cat family. Pair of dogs started whole dog family, etc., on down the line into the Ark. If non-mammoth varieties of the dinasaurs were taken into the ark.......what family of theirs still exists today?

I don't believe any *group* of animals, such as cats, dogs, birds, has died out. Some within a group have become extinct - but not the entire group. Why were the dinasaurs supposedly save on the ark - and then supposedly completely disappeared?

I was under the impression that the WTBTS doesn't consider the Crocodile, etc., as being in the dinasaur family.

Of course, that still leaves the problem of kangaroos.

waiting

• joelbear
    joelbear

The dinosaurs lived in the desert in Africa across the sea from mankind.

Joel

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

HA HA Joel,

Yes - they lived in the desert and died there of thirst and starvation - that's why they're extinct today.

"...we have desertsin America - we just don't LIVE IN THEM!!!"
    - Sam Kinison

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit