The Last Lecture Before Dying-VIDEO

by BurnTheShips 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
  • lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I always sob when he starts talking about his kids.

• TheSilence
  • Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

This is an amazing story and helps one truly appreciate life , his outlook towards each living day and making the most out of life through a positive outlook

is inspiring to all . I Have missed watching Oprah for a long time, yes there were tears!

Thanks Burn!

hope4others

• esw1966
    esw1966
    March 26 2008: Slow going, but encouraging news

The last few weeks have been tough; I've been in bed most of each day, having to ration my energy, which is very unnatural for me. Total exhaustion is very frustrating. However, I am starting to, very slowly, gain more energy each day.

Tuesday's trip to the cardiologist yielded great news: my echocardiogram showed that my heart function is definitely returning: my "ejection fraction" (measure of blood ejection by the heart) was at its low point 25%; it's now up to at least 45%, and "normal" is 55 to 70 percent. Also, my cardiologist says a lot of the fatigue may be caused by one of my blood pressure medications (coreg), and next week they will probably swap that out for another drug, now that I'm doing better.

On the kidney front, my nephrologist is extermely encouraged - for those of you scoring the game at home, my creatanine level (peaked at 3.9) is now down to 3.1, and he says that's a very stong indicator my kidney function is going to return.

The only bad news is that the tumors have apparently decided they've been chivalrous enough; my CA19-9 went up from 103 to 170; while not definitive, it's a strong indicator that they are on the move. So I need to hurry up and get healthy enough for our next round of treatment.

http://download.srv.cs.cmu.edu/~pausch/news/index.html

• stillajwexelder
  • Layla33
    Layla33

I watched this and was just blown away. I shared this video with everyone I could when it first came up, such an inspiration. His wife is so lovely. I always check on his progress once a week, hoping he is still around fighting his cancer.

It makes you really realize what's most important in life, and what isn't.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen that before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit