Notes From Hawaii-Gerrit Losch Talk

by Save My Soul 50 Replies latest watchtower bible

• observador
    observador

"We don't know if it will be a desire for peace or a belief that peace has been achieved."

If you keep changing the meaning of things, one day one of your interpretations will come true. Think about it: some people, some where, may believe that 'peace has been achieved'. So what?

I love these types of talks. The less educated among JWs will be scared to death, but the more intelligent people among them will see through it, and flee like crazy. Good job, WT.

So, let Losch go around giving this type of talk. Fantastic!

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

How exactly does one "travel the world" without anyone to pilot the aircraft?

Obviously all pilots will be destroyed at Armageddon for committing the grave sin of obtaining advanced education.

And how fast is this travel supposed to be ... at the speed of light maybe? Considering the fact it's the burial of dead bodies we're dealing with.

• flyphisher
    flyphisher
    Jehovah may use radiation to destroy the wicked. (Yes, Brother Losch actually said 'radiation').

I do not hope that he uses plutonium as radiation source. Plutonium 244 (e.g.) has a half-life of 80 million years, and the paradise would have to go underground for the half of the eternity.

• observador
    observador

[duplicate]

• minimus
    minimus

When the governments go after religion, their bank accounts and kill the religious leaders, aren't JWs worried? Do they expect people to believe that they'll go after every religion but the JWs? That is totally unreasonable!

• willyloman
    willyloman
    This "talk" is nothing but the laughably inane horse manure...

That about sums it up.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I think something like that actually happened in France (I think) during WW2. I don't recall details, but several isolated congregations couldn't get the magazines or visits from COs. As a result they began to drift away and started believing different things. I don't even remember where I read it, probably in a yearbook.

• VM44
    VM44

When the governments go after religion, their bank accounts and kill the religious leaders,

Wait one moment here! Losch said that the governments will confiscate bank accounts belonging to religions? Then why was there a recent letter sent to the congregations requesting that the congregations place their surplus funds with The Watchtower? That would make it all the easier for the government to confiscate ALL of the funds for ALL of the congregations with funds on deposit with The Watchtower!!!

It would be far better to have funds distributed in many smaller accounts, if the governments were to try to go after religious funds.

Does The Watchtower really believe the things it is telling the people?

• minimus
    minimus

Good point, VM!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

We don't know if the dead will return with clothing or not,

Huh! I could hardly fancy greeting Henry VIII while stood in the buff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit