Sharing my sad news with you

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

My great nephew, 8 months old, was killed yesterday. So far appears to have been murdered by his sitter, a couple with whom my nephew and his girlfriend have been living. They beat and drowned this little baby. My brother, the grandpa, is upset, but my ex-sis-in-law, never a jw, a 45 year old grandma, who I give a darn about, is positively wasted. She said he was perfect, a totally happy, easy baby.

My dad called me to tell me the news, 30 seconds of my shock and of us crying together, followed by 3 minutes of 'you know the memorial of Jesus is tonight, promise me you'll go because without Jesus, all the world has to offer is death.' I said 'no dad, being sad won't make me go either. . .' He said, 'Well then, that's all I have to say'. Cleeeek.

This sucks.

Baby dies under 'suspicious circumstances' in care of sitters, police report says

Beth Duckett
    The Arizona Republic
    Mar. 22, 2008 09:21 AM

An 8-month-old child died under "suspicious circumstances" Friday while under the care of two baby-sitters, according to a Phoenix police report.

The infant boy, Easton Lee, was found deceased in the early morning hours at a home near Happy Valley Road and 32nd Avenue.

No arrests were made as of Saturday morning, said Sgt. Joel Tranter, a Phoenix police spokesman.

A cause of death has not been determined, and investigators are awaiting the results of an autopsy conducted Friday.

"What appeared to be a healthy child is dead," Tranter said.

• mavie
    mavie

Sorry about your loss.

Your dad is brainwashed. Using the Memorial as a weapon is bad form.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I am very sorry for your horribly tragic loss.

• SusanHere
    SusanHere

I'm so very sorry for your terrible loss. What a horrible tragedy.

SusanHere

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

I'm sorry about your loss. Sounds like the death didn't phase your dad.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I am so sorry for you and your family. ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

• Casper
    Casper

The death of a child is the ultimate tragedy... I am so sorry

I am also sorry you were only given 30 seconds on the phone to share your grief with your father...before the guilt trip...

(((Hugs)))

Cas

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

It is a sad feature of your dads feeling that he fully feels the pain of this death but agonises additionally over the bereavement of you not being with him in his paradise to come after he has given up on this life and system by and large!

He is wondering how to look forward to it without you there and I sympathise with all the emotional pressure that instills and the WTS are some set of warped headnuts to put that on people whilst knowing how many errors they have already made!!

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

so tragic! I am very sorry for you and your family. The child's parents must be distraught.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Sorry to hear your news.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit