Women - Do You Know What Men Really Want in a Relationship ?

by flipper 29 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

No, it's not just sex ! LOL! Contrary to popular opinion ! Strangely enough , if you really sit down and analyze it , we men want much of the same things you women want . Someone to understand us, appreciate us . Someone we can trust to be up front with us - but loving. caring, and kind when she does it. I speak for myself here - I like security in a relationship , honesty, faithfulness , and my wife being my best friend, as well as lover - which she is actually.

It has been said that men tend to focus on one thing at a time , whereas women multi task better on many things at once. So, at times these differences in the sexes communication styles can make it a cross-up in understanding one another. Perhaps a woman is talking to a man, he's preoccupied with something , not paying attention as another woman would to her, and she thinks he doesn't care, and gets offended . When that might not be the case at all . He's just being a man, focused ! So, it requires us guys to understand this more at times, lay down what we are doing , and give our ladies the undivided attention they need .

So, ladies do you know what your man really wants? I know for myself , I love having a wife - but don't want a mother. My wife is good at not bossing me around, she is very respectful, as I am of her. Some of us, men or women had problems with the witness cult controlling us - so when we come to our loving home at the end of the day, having been controlled by demanding bosses, the last thing we want is being controlled by our mates, men or women. So women of the JWD board , do you know what men want ? Yes, we love sex, but need the respect and love as well. But men, we only get respect if we earn it and give it to our ladies ! It's a two way street. So, let's have fun with this, I look forward to all your comments ! Men and women ! It should blow up into something interesting ! Have at it ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Wow ! It's interesting that an hour has come and gone, and no responses yet? Maybe I should rephrase the title on this one - " Women - Do you really Care what men want in a relationship ! " Funny ! I look forward to your responses ! All in good time of course ! LOL! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• JK666
    JK666

Flipper,

No, they don't. It is all about them.

JK

• dinah
    dinah

My guess would be that men don't want a woman who nags constantly. But being a woman, what would I know about the whole subject? Of all the men I know who are unhappy in their relationships or divorced, most complained about their spouse/girlfriend being demanding and jealous. But then by the time you get to be my age, any woman you find is gonna have baggage from the last guy. That isn't fair.

Maybe it all boils down to having someone you can trust to have your back and stick with you.

Flipper, you hit the nail on the head when you said women and men want basically the same thing. We all want someone to really know us and love us ANYWAY.

• flipper
    flipper

JK- Well, yeah, that's true in some cases I've experienced in the past , but there are pearls -among women ! Just gotta find the right ones ! Keep looking! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I thought that men only wanted one thing.

At least we make it easy….

• flipper
    flipper

DINAH- I agree it's also about having someone you can trust, who has your back . But just like women, just as many men bring issues and baggage into new relationships from previous girlfriends or marriages too. So, it's up to both parties to work through the issues , learn from the past, and move forward from there.

Very true, men and women just want to be loved and cherished ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I would like to think that there is no set formula that works for every man or every woman. Everyone is unique and every couple is unique. I am not going to be in a relationship with a man who cannot communicate his needs and wants to me. Once I know that he has needs and wants that are compatible with mine, then I will try to be as giving to him as I need him to be for me.

• flipper
    flipper

MR. MAJESTIC- That is funny ! Some guys do only want one thing ! It's O.K. if that one thing is what the woman only wants as well ! LOL!

FLYING HIGH NOW- I agree. There is no set formula for everyone . Every couple is unique. Although I'm sure you'd agree most couple's would generally want kindness and not hate in their relationship ! LOL! But you are right, good communication is a very important factor for both parties in a relationship . With both giving their best ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• cognac
    cognac

Well, I'll say what I think based on how I see my husband react to different aspects of my personality....

He loves when I laugh at his jokes.

He loves when I'm really excited to see him and run up the stairs and jump in his arms.

He loves when I say "your right", lol

He loves when he says something and I really listen to his point of view.

He loves how I can't sleep without him.

He loves when we are with friends or alone and I say something nice about something he said or did

he loves when he's upset and I take his side and then we plan our revenge, lol

He loves when he does something little and I get really excited about it, just cause I love the fact that he thought about me.

Ok, that's all I got for now...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit