From a Jw to an Elk within a year.

by rekless 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rekless
    rekless

I DAed myself then was DFed then was sponcered into the Elks Lodge.

I now pledge alegence to my country again pray for our leaders and help the poor and misfortunate of the city I live in which is Las Vegas , Nevada, USA.

It feels good to ask some one how are you doing without having an alternative motive of placing literature.

I also joined the Chamber of Commerce for networking and community service.

We just went to our first breakfast at the Elks lodge...guest what they were so friendly and put the JWs to shame. there were not any chiques (clicks) or hypocracy. I didn't hear any bad mouthing of any members. We ate at the table of the Grand Exalted Ruler he was more interested in us and and our getting settled in Las Vegas.

One point that started to eat at me as I got older and older was the attitude of the JWs to take everything that the government gives without giving to the government.

The death of our soilders meant nothing to JWs, because they might as well die today as die on the great day of God Almighty.

On this Veterans day day I am proud to be one and to given my time to my country as well as my God in behalf of all the free people in the USA. This may not be the best of all systemsb but it is as close to the best as we will get.

What I am trying to say is this unconditional love which is the order of most organizations is so much better than conditional love that is
    king of the JWs brotherhood.

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Rekless,

Your welcome at my Elk's lodge anytime.

Everything you said and a little more!

Danny

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

I live in the UK.

I left the JWs and joined the National Trust within the month. Does that count?

• rekless
    rekless

youbetjum it counts

• Englishman
    Englishman

Reckless,

I'm involved in something similar. http://www.raobgle.org.uk/

Englishman.

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be....

• rekless
    rekless

here's to you and the grand order of the Buffaloes.

bros. in the beast

rekless

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I'm a member of the Royal Automobile Association.. does that count? nah guess not ..

Well, I'm building in stone in Celtic and Gothic style and you blokes can't stop me!

unclebruce starting his own Grand Royal Order Ancient Pty. (G.R.O.A.P.)

PS: Reckless, have you seen bibleman yet? I heard he's doing two shows a week in the trailer park play ground ;)

• Liberated
    Liberated

Sounds pretty good rekless!

I helped conduct the flag placing on veterans' graves today.

BTW, not that it matters any more, but how can you be df'd
    after you disassociated?

Libby

• California Sunshine
    California Sunshine

Rec,

Glad to see you are doing so well.

Keep it up.

Sunny

• LDH
    LDH

You lowly Elks!

Step up to the plate and be a Rotarian! LOL, just kidding.

Rec, your point was something that also bothered me, not even being able to contribute $10 to the World Wildlife Fund without feeling guilty, like I should be giving it to 'Jehovah' instead.

Great thread, and welcome to the board.

Lisa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit