Hi I am new here

by One true Jesus Freak 23 Replies latest jw friends

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

Hi I stumbled across this place from using the library computer. Someone had the page left opened and I looked around and thought to myself "what an interesting bunch of people" I don't mean interesting as in strange, but as in great. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts by everyone. My connections with the Jehovah witness is family. Personally I am not one, but I am bothered by my family being apart of the group. I have not approached them concerning my thoughts. I pray for them constantly that some day they will see the organization for what they truly are and that the group does not have 100 percent truth. My current concern is the memorial coming up. I know the jehovah witnesses have their belief that Jesus is already here invisibly and I have constantly wondered why they still partake if the Bible says we are supposed to do so until the return. This is something that I have not questioned but always bothered by and is always on my mind. Well that is all for now.. I hope I can fit in just fine.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Hey

• berylblue
    berylblue

Happy to be the first to welcome you!

• berylblue
    berylblue

yo, SPAZnik, how did you sneak in ahead of me? I'd better type more quickly if I want to be first.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi,

when I saw your name, I wasn't sure about opening your thread. What a nice surprise to find you are a pleasant person with no agenda to convert us all or tell us we are wrong. As for the JWs and the memorial, they have many ideas about the memorial that aren't logical and that conflict with the Bible. Your point, that they were to "keep doing this until I return," is a point I had never considered. But now that you mention it, it's really obvious, isn't it? Makes me wish I had heard it before, and had been home today when the JWs left the memorial invite in my door! Would have been great to ask them about it. Maybe I'll see some at the grocery store tomorrow and ask them about it.

• orbison11
    orbison11

hhmmm

• One true Jesus Freak
    One true Jesus Freak

I'm glad you took a chance and opened my message. Thank you. May I ask why you were hesitant in opening my thread? The idea didn't come to mind, about the lords return until I noticed the memorial invite on the table. I didn't say anything to my family about my thought about it. I just read it and put it back down. I'm not here to say how wrong anyone is or to shove my ideas down peoples throat. I have no problem with sharing my ideas. I love hearing other peoples views also because I can compare my ideas with theirs. I wouldn't mind gathering ideas to possibly share with my family. I know there is no chance that I could get my family from going to the memorial. They go to the service, yet they do not partake. If I am not mistaking, doesn't the Bible say that all should partake? Why do they limit to a certain number?

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Hi Jesus freak...welcome

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

How cool is that? Someone from this board was at your library.

I wish that would happen to me.

Welcome JF

lisa

• Panda
    Panda

Welcome to a terrific group with lots to say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit