Intro: I'm ONE of Jehovah's Witnesses

by caliber 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• caliber
    caliber

From the very first introductions to strangers we were reminded, (for a good witness to God of course)=(WT) that yes

indeed I am ONE of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Even as a fully dedicated believer through the merits of my own workmanship I might add I did not see that my religion

should enter the picture only the quality of my workmanship was their concern. One helpful elder

made sure each and everyone knew, "you have ONE of Jw's working for you right now." For a good witness of course.

Probably the most offensive one of all to me is at the time of ones death. Thee perfect and last time I might add to get a little credit

for who You were.!

BROTHER caliber was born.........lived...( 2 minutes)....

BUT most importantly he was ONE of Jehovah's Witnesses. Here is what he (WT) believed.....so pay attention you heathens to

the other (25 minutes) of the talk! Comments please.

Caliber

• lawrence
    lawrence

Just remember the song's words - "we speak out in fearlessness, ours is the God of true sovereignty..."

Those funerals are a sham and a horrific display of ignorance and the lack of true compassion. Then again, I went to a Baptist funeral where the preacher was burying his teenage daughter and 10 minutes into the "speach" he gave an altar call. The hell with the fact that his daughter died, it was more important to save a sinner. His family was shocked, as were visitors. Nobody, not one person approached the altar. Some of these people believe they are Jesus, and respond with "the dead bury the dead." Love is rare in "Christians".

• TD
    TD

....indeed I am ONE of Jehovah's Witnesses.

I've always thought this was interesting. The name "Jehovah's witnesses" (With a lower case 'w') was used by the religion as a descriptive term describing all true servants of God clear back to Abel. The first chapter of the 1959 book, Jehovah's Witnesses In The Divine Purpose describes this at length, claiming that Jehovah's witnesses are a "People with a most ancient history."

It wasn't proper to say, "I'm a Jehovah's Witness" as if this was the name of a religion; the correct use of the name was "I'm one of Jehovah's witnesses"

Jehovah's witnesses were not just another Christian sect.

Somewhere along the way though, they started capitalizing the 'W' and using the term, "Jehovah's Witnesses" as the formal name of an orgainzed religion. When an elder asks you the question, "Do you consider yourself to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses?" he is referring entirely to organizational affliation. (This distinction is never actually explained though)

Jehovah's Witnesses eventually became the very thing they claimed they were not

• uninformed
    uninformed

lawrence: you wrote,

Just remember the song's words - "we speak out in fearlessness, ours is the God of true sovereignty..."

The song says, "...ours is the God of true PROPHECY, what he foretells, comes to be." (LIKE THEY WOULD KNOW)

keeps it all in perspective.

Brant

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I always hated using that line. We were supposed to identify ourselves as witlesses at work, presumably so our co-workers could laugh at us (and, now, identify us as potential pedophiles). We are supposed to identify ourselves as witlesses where we live so our neighbors can look funny at us (and know when to burgle us, since we will be at the boasting session at a predictable hour and out in field circus most of the day). And now, treat us like supporters of pedophiles.

These days, I make it blatantly clear that I USED to be a witless. I come up to the checkout with something like 9 bundles of tinsel garland and numerous other decorations, and tell people not to get involved with the witlesses unless you really want to throw out your decorations (and have to buy them from scratch). And once I took pictures of my then-new Christmas tree (set up in September) and showed them to people at work so they had proof that I USED to be a witless but no longer believe in it.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

That's funny; even now when I see on this board people describe themselves or somebody as A Jehovahs Witness, I mentally correct it to One Of Jehovahs Witnesses, and I didn't ever get the distinction myself either. I just thought it was more grammatically correct.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

How's this?

Due to my lifelong indoctrination, I have caught myself saying, in the proper dub-form: "I am no longer ONE of Jehovah's Witnesses".

Now mostly I say: "I have left the Jehovah Witness cult". The format is more objectionable to Jdubs in every way - which is more pleasant to me in every way.

Jeff

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

AK-Jeff

hope4others

• caliber
    caliber

TD,

I would like to thank you for your insight on what one of Jehovah's witness has reference to . I learned more than I gave on this

posting ! Also as always I appreciate all who take time to add their thoughts ,thankyou !

Caliber

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

If I met a stranger, the last thing I would want to do is convert them to Bible hell!

Many pagans have a non-view of satan and take evil as works of humans! Though I understands some believe in spirits that have powers to do harm which I have no sense of whatsoever! The only harm I perceive is that conjured by humans!

So I take ideas from various belief that make sense to me in my search for a mirror of my inner self, I so far have no sure clue who these people are! They are most certainly not JWs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit