Is True Religion Possible?

by R.Crusoe 26 Replies latest jw experiences

• Superslave
    Superslave

This is what I have come to believe over my past year outside of the Borg.

Early societies of mankind did not understand the world that they lived in. They feared it's natural phenomena and the fact that people grow old & die. In their limited understanding of the world they gave much of their wishes/prayers to these natural phenomena (it became there Gods)

Over the many thousand years since these so called God's had been established, they have been given nations & power through their long standing in our cultures. They now are 'real to masses of people.

Mankind, however, has evolved & grown up. People can see that natural phenomena is 'natural' & death is unfortunatly natural too. We can all pray as much as we can to the wind but we will still grow old & die.

The sad & horrible fact is that people want their god to be the 'all powerful one.'

They will kill, shun, hurt, anyone who states the opposite. And all this because they fear of nature.

So, to answer the question....No, there cannot be a true religion today.

Why? Because religion is not true.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Slave to Faith

Those that wrench the soul apart
    With all their sweet shops guilt filled jars
    Of words they spew as wisdom
    Could for me get flushed away
    With all the effluent of the day
    To sewage plants for treatment
    You people of natures forests
    Keep living, loving and remain
    With those who love and cherish
    A life with all its pleasuresl
    Your hearts controlled by love
    Leave guilt for them who feel above
    All that which life has offered!

Ray 2008

• real one
    real one

Thats why many are not going to heaven. Heaven is exclusive,having the power to prevent entrance. There is only one way to heaven. everyone there gets there the same way, through Jesus Christ, Ephesians 2:89 Acts 4:12

You are correct many dont believe as i do thats why they will not make it. all that believe as i do will. we follow the narrow road.

• real one
    real one

It only takes belief

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

"True Religion" is an oxymoron like "Jumbo Shrimp"

• Carmel
    Carmel

nrvgbk, your article describes the essencial elements of the Baha'i Faith. carmel

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

R.crusoe said

Watching and working ones own reality is difficult enough without stepping into anothers maze of mirrors and transparent prison cells of morality.

I agree, this is why we probably search for answers to cope with life’s reality. Then we stumble across brother so-n-so who
    tells you that he has all the answers right in this little publication and the transparent prison starts to take shape.

This is why IMO some people are so angry at the WTS when they realize they have been fooled by the maze of mirrors.

DV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit