What do you remember about the Conventions?

by ScoobySnax 47 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Walking around holding up a sign telling people to be quiet and return to their seats.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Skipping the sessions and hitting the mall. Oh, and the girls.

Kwin

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Does no-one remember the doughnuts and smell of 40,000 flasks of coffee opening?

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

I remember the live orchestra that played during the lunchtime intermission.

I used to enjoy the music a lot [despite the fact no dancing was allowed].

• horrible life
    horrible life
    'frigid pioneer looking for a window-washing partner' or 'out of my league and soon to be out of the truth hotties'.

Guess which one I was??

I remember the live orchestra that played during the lunchtime intermission.

Frequent, Glad you enjoyed it. I did play a mean violin. I even had a part in an assembly playing on stage. Something about another brother (who played beautifully), teaching me, and I got better. Don't remember how it tied into selling magazines. LOL

the answer to the question,

I was the frigid sister. then, I turned from a grubby worm, to a butterfly. (I was that hottie!!!!) :)

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I remember people being on edge.

• TIMBOB
    TIMBOB

what I remember:

It was one GIGANTIC meat market.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

My last convention: 1994 DC at Veteran's Stadium, Philly.

Hot, boring, glad to leave. No food served back then, I think that was the first year or so of no food service. Conventions always sucked, but with no food it really sucked.

- Wing Commander

• Maddie
    Maddie

I remember waiting for some really exciting "new light" and always feeling disappointed when it was the same old stuff.

Maddie

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The first year, it was a novel experience. Then, the second year it was all crap. They have all been crap ever since--enough to make me wish for a blizzard in the middle of July that would cancel all three days of the Grand Boasting Session.

Not to mention the obligatory deficits on Sunday afternoon, to get people to put more money into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund boxes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit