Latest Watchtower Magazine Increases Odds of Surviving Armageddon!

by TooBad TooSad 73 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TooBad TooSad
    TooBad TooSad

99% of all JW's believe and are taught that to survive Armageddon that you must be a JW or as a minimum be

associated with the JW's. However the April 1 "public" issue of the Watchtower has some interesting wording

on the last page last paragraph of "Our Readers Ask" ( I love how they hide this stuff (new light?) on the last

page of the Watchtower). Here is what it says "Lovers of Jehovah God and his Son, Jesus Christ, need not fear

Armageddon. God's battle is directed solely against those humans whom God judges to be incorrigibly wicked."

So only the wicked will die at Armageddon. How many wicked people do you know? I do not know one person

who is wicked. I have read in the news about people who are wicked. Is the Watchtower throwing out some

"new light" or just giving the appearance of being more mainstream? If you were not a JW would you think that

you would die at Armageddon based upon the wording of "incorrigibly wicked"? If only the incorrigibly wicked

are going to die there are going to be billions of survivors not just 6 million JW's.

So the Watchtower paints two different pictures. Only the wicked will die at Armageddon however once you

become a JW, then only JW's will survive Armageddon keeping you from leaving the JW religion.

What do you think about this?

TooBad TooSad

• journey-on
    journey-on

Wow! I may be reading too much into this, but I think that is MAJOR!

They are getting ready to change something, and they are laying the groundwork. Think about it:

All our lives we were taught that ONLY JWs would survive Armageddon with maybe a very few others

whose hearts were right but weren't quite there yet. But, it was one doctrine that kept us holding on

to this insane religion, because we knew without being a bonafide JW, our chances of getting into the

New System were slim to none. YES, THIS IS MAJOR. Is that new light flickering in the mainstream distance?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Nice find TBTS.

This quote perfectly illustrates the wisdom (blech!) of the 2-Watchtower system. (Public vs. Kool-Aid)

The whole "Armageddon/ destruction of the wicked" thing is really a Catch-22 IMO. When you look closely at it with any shred of humanity and heart, it falls apart.

If God is going to wipe out 99.9% of humanity, I have no desire to know him.

If God is going to be truly loving and read the hearts of individuals, then the "urgency" of the preaching work is a joke and the WT loses it's reason for being.

OM

• journey-on
    journey-on

Someone that has access to both the "public" edition and the "kool-aid" edition should start marking all

these little differences to show the two faces of the WT and expose their sneaky little false tricks to stroke

the unsuspecting.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

This is nothing new.

JWs understand what is being said here.

Lovers of Joehooba=Baptized JWs and their minor chitlins making 5 meetings a week, field service, and no sins the eldubs dont know about

Wicked ppl=everyone else who didnt respond to the wonderful kingdumb message.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

C'mon You fell for the oldest trick in the book. Only the wicked being destroyed APRIL 1st WT?!?Its an april fools joke. The dubs know that any minute the big A is going to do away with every body but them so they just having a lil fun.

Seriously, I have always believed that the public WT will offer nice mainstream version of dub beliefs while the study only version hammers home their core programming.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

It's the public version. They're obviously going to have 3 sets of teachings now; a bland, mild, mainstream one for the general public; the crazy cult teachings for the R&F; and the ritualized, sanctioned sexual abuse for the high & mighty elders. Remember that it's long been taught that it's ok to lie to or conceal certain teachings to a new study, in order to not turn them off too quickly.

The private Watchtowers still include dire warnings about how all non-dubs and even the majority of dubs are going to be roasted/crushed by giant hailstones at Armageddon.

• Quandry
    Quandry

However the April 1 "public" issue of the Watchtower

Well, obviously this is why they now have a "PUBLIC EDITION" and a "MEMBERS ONLY" one.

This is so two-faced. Year after year they have hammered the "doctrine" that only the dubs IN GOOD STANDING would live through the big A. All others were part of Satan's system, etc., blah, blah, blah. Remember the threads here showing the old Paradise book pictures of even little children and pets falling in a big hole opened in the earth?

But, that would shock the sensibilities of the "public," hence the need to "water down" the truth, something they have always stated they would never do........

• patio34
    patio34

Weasel word: wicked. It all depends on one's definition of wicked. And, of course, it's the author's definition in question. We all know their ways of redefining ordinary words. It's deliberately misleading, imo.

Evil by nature and in practice: "this wicked man Hitler, the repository and embodiment of many forms of soul-destroying hatred" Winston S. Churchill.

2. Playfully malicious or mischievous: a wicked prank; a critic's wicked wit. 3. Severe and distressing: a wicked cough; a wicked gash; wicked driving conditions. 4. Highly offensive; obnoxious: a wicked stench. My bet on what WTS may use. What's more offensive than an apostate? 5. Slang Strikingly good, effective, or skillful: a wicked curve ball; a wicked imitation. adv.Slang Used as an intensive: "a ... body suit, which she describes Or the Bible's definition may be different altogether, as in meaning the "antichrist" or apostates. Whatever. Weasels. . . . Pat

• Awakened07
    Awakened07

This is potentially very interesting, but I'm afraid as has been said, it's nothing new at all, really.

They have always said that the wicked will perish at Armageddon - interesting choice of words here though; incorrigibly wicked.

That might mean they are onto something new, but I think it's more likely that it's a very careful choice of words, in order to make them look more mainstream and forgiving, and giving JWs the 'out' of being able to say just that if they are pushed into a corner "Hey we never said that! - Only the incorrigibly wicked will die!"

Think about it though. If only the 'incorrigibly wicked' will die, then what's the point of organized religion or JWs in the first place? God should be able to sort out those few 'incorrigibly wicked' in a jiffy.

No - I think 'incorrigibly wicked' simply means "those who haven't changed their ways and become active JWs". -With the added bonus of having a double meaning. JWs will know what's what. And at the same time it allows them to lie practice some theocratic warfare and doublespeak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit