Has the Org gone witch-hunting those who are gone, but not Dfd?

by cyber-sista 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mind my own
    mind my own

I left about 12 years ago and not once have I ever gotten a call or a visit. Not that I want one, I am just sayin...

MMO

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Poor kid must have landed on their radar somehow; somebody who knows something told somebody else, who told an elders wife, etc... A BoE is usually too busy or idle to chase that kind of thing up, so either what they've heard is especially appalling, or the elders are a special kind of smegger.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I do not trust that organization or the hounders found therein. They can leave someone alone for 10 years or more, only to start turning up uninvited and disrupting normal life for the fader (as if the fader has no right to be living a somewhere near normal life). And, they will stop at nothing to make the person comply (reactivating them), recapturing them, or disfellowshipping them. It really depends on whether the hounders think disfellowshipping will do more damage, or if recapturing them will.

As for me, I have had a few wasted postage/envelopes with the Puketower and Asleep! in 2006, and the Reject Jesus Fest invitation for 2007 (I hope not to get another for 2008, but I will promptly shred it if I get one). As I am a single guy with no prospects, they have hope for me to join the Value Destroyer Training School and fix the whole congregation using the methods that resulted in its disarray now. They somehow want me to get them to blow past 7 million (like I want that), past 10 million, 100 million, and up with that. Also, as I have no family in, I do not give a fxxx if they disfellowship me behind my back. So, the recapture is more likely with me than with a guy with prospects (or one that is married) or that has family in.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

There is in fact a policy in place. The WT constantly reminds Elders to visit those who have become inactive. But most body of Elders are lazy and do not do their job.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I cherish my Witness stories. I loved it when the Witness servants (now called elders) would sit and watch my 1959 Cadillac while I slept. I walked to work, and later I found out they watched my car all night while I was at work too. The Witnesses were very effective. I never had any hub caps stolen while they were on duty.

The neighbors should have thanked me. The Witnesses weren't out bothering people peddling religious fiction and soliciting donations while they sat and watched my parked car.

The last elder I saw in the mall actually RAN away from me. Bold and fearless, they are not. I should have chased the bastard but I was laughing too hard to run.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hey cyba-sista,

That story about the elders intimidating the elderly couple an demanding access to their son's bedroom in a search-and-sieze evidence operation is one of the scariest episodes I've ever read on this forum. Did they wear armbands?

• frozen one
    frozen one

demanded to search his room

Such a cowardly act. If they wanted to search the room, they should have asked the son not the parents. The son should sue the elders and congregation for the hospital expenses. Maybe he could get a restraining order also.

• Sirona
    Sirona
    Let's not start any lynch mob rumors.

Many on this forum can testify that a few years back (3? 4? I cant remember exactly) there was a "push" among the JWs to visit those who were inactive.

At the time, some inactive ones were asked to confirm to two elders that they "no longer consider themselves Jehovahs Witnesses" and then those two elders took this statement as a disassociation.

At the time I wondered how true this was, until local elders asked to see me....I refused. I'd already been out for about 3 years.

Does anyone else remember this?

Sirona

• llbh
    llbh
    Such a cowardly act. If they wanted to search the room, they should have asked the son not the parents. The son should sue the elders and congregation for the hospital expenses. Maybe he could get a restraining order also.

I totally agree, this is a gross invasion of his privacy . I would certainly obtain a restraining order.

Regards

David

• Layla33
    Layla33

I have also heard they are supposed to do some kind of once a year meeting on those DF'd, as well. And depending on how you answer, you can be labeled an "apostate". This happened to my aunt and it was horrible. I am so very glad I am three or four states away from where I used to live, no one in this area that is a JW knows who I am or anything and I am so glad. If they came here on some kind of sheparding call, they wouldn't even get a conversation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit