Doom Metal

by DoomVoyager 16 Replies latest social entertainment

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Anyone here into doom? Any Circle of True Doomsters? Or just into true old-school heavy farkin' metal?

NP: Doomshine - The Cross Still Stands for Pain

• DJK
    DJK

http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3xz3k0yUk4

I got to 47 seconds. ug,,sorry

• DT
    DT
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=T3xz3k0yUk4

I don't like it, but I dislike it less than other types of metal or other types of extreme modern music. To me, the heavy bass is a redeeming quality.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Hey - youtube is blocked at work. Someone want to tell me the band and song in that video?

• DJK
    DJK

I did a youtube search for doomshine, this is whats posted next to it. The cross still stands for pain wasn't there.

Doom Metal 2 first part of my all time favorite Doom Metal Bands: Candlemass,Scald,Doomshine,Count Raven,Solitude Aeturnus,Well Of Souls,Reverend Bizarre, The first part of my all time favorite Doom Metal Bands:
    Candlemass,Scald,Doomshine,Count Raven,Solitude Aeturnus,Well Of Souls,Reverend Bizarre,Trouble,Saint Vitus,Pagan Altar,Witchcraft.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Well, I don't know what's playing in the video but those are all awesome bands listed so I assume it's something good.

NP: Spiritus Mortis - Beware of the Quiet One

• DJK
    DJK
    I don't know what's playing in the video

Ditto

• JK666
    JK666

Black Sabbath recycled for a new generation. Not necessarily a bad thing, is it?

JK

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Very Black Sabbath. Well, I thought I got a hang of the downtempo bass-heavy sound until I got to Pagan Altar....didn't sound at all like the others, much brighter and colorful sound.

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Yep, Black Sabbath were the originators of the genre and of metal in general. I wouldn't really call it "Black Sabbath recycled for a new generation" as Doom Metal has been kicking around in various forms ever since the mid 70s, and it has certainly progressed quite a bit since Children of the Grave or Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (not that those aren't awesome songs).

Pagan Altar aren't pure doom; they've got a pretty strong NWOBHM edge which is why they sound less doomy & gloomy. Love 'em though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit