Are you happy with the name you were given at birth?

by Outaservice 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

The Bible attaches importance to your name. Do you like yours? If not, what would you like to change it to?

I always hated mine! 'Outaservice Smith'. The kids all made fun of me in school. And it was hard to be 'in service' on Saturday morning.

Outaservice

• anewme
    anewme

No, I think my parents could have given it a little more thought.
    I have always thought I would have enjoyed being called "Harmony"

• shamus100
    shamus100

No. I've always wanted to be called Heckubus.

(I wonder if people take me seriously)

• JK666
    JK666

No. I am a Junior, and even though my father has been dead for 24 years, still have to sign my legal name as a Jr suffix.

JK

• dinah
    dinah

Mine means "God is my judge" a feminine form of Daniel. Yeah, I like it.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

No. I am a Junior, and even though my father has been dead for 24 years, still have to sign my legal name as a Jr suffix.

JK

Would you have preferred if you could sign as "JK II" instead?

• DJK
    DJK

JK

I'm a Junior myself and I don't like it. I read a Dear Abby column where she said a man can legally drop the Junior after the father passes away. You can bet I'll be checking that out when the time comes!!!

• Layla33
    Layla33

I actually like my name, it is so entwined with who I am, I can't imagine not being called that. I do have a few nicknames that are derivatives of my given name, which I also like, as well.

I guess if I had to choose a name for myself it would be Epiphany or Folakeh. I like them both.

• dinah
    dinah

Like Epiphany Proudfoot from Angel Heart?

• knock knock
    knock knock

Not really, though it could be worse. Usually I see someone with my name and they are famous or at least rich. I got left behind it seems.

-----------------I have always thought I would have enjoyed being called "Harmony"---------------

I know a woman named Melody and her sister is named Rhapsody. I doubt either of them can actually sing though. Life can be cruel no?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit