Did You Find Many JWs As Being Not Very Intelligent?

by minimus 47 Replies latest jw friends

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

minimus, that's a negative on you interogrative. Most witness are less than intelligent and this can be seen at any Watchtower Study, Book Study, or Theo school/Service mtng. The comments show very little insight on real study, reasoning on what they have read, and contemplation on how it is really used in the religion they are in. I am always amazed at the lack of intellect at these events, and when someone actually shows they have done some research the have to couch their comments in terms that wont put them in the hounders radar.

If ignorance is bliss then they are one of the most blissful people i know.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Yes. Very much so.

• minimus
    minimus

Sheep aren't the brightest animals.....

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

I did not find most JWs intelligent.

For one thing, they stick to the program. No outside resourecs, boring talks, no interest in current affairs/politics/science.

Truly, I have never met so boring a bunch of people and I was raised "in the truth."

I am by nature, fascinated by science, technology, the animal kingdom. I also enjoying sports and watching them.

I found maybe two people I could talk to and that was it.

Do these people lack intelligence? Not necessarily. Many never had the chance to develop their interest due to putting "mother" first.

• Son of a preacher man
    Son of a preacher man

I found the majority fairly average with a sprinkling of lukekwarm iq's here and there. Hey my own mother stated once during an arguement about the fact that the society doesnt like you to study anything other than their material that " i dont want to think".

I found it extremely infuriating as a teen that some halfwit was allowed to read the watchtower to the hall on a sunday because he was some elders son, yet he couldnt pronounce half the words in the text, nor did he understand anything he was reading. I used to mutter the correct pronounciation for each word as he *^&$ed it up under my breath.

I used to delight in using words he screwed up in the reading within an answer just to piss him off, because I would say them correctly. Sometimes I would actually point out the fact that it had been mispronounced.

It used to freak them out if I quoted from a King james version or found extra info that supported their theories but wasnt WTBT lit, when presenting something on the ministry school.

• minimus
    minimus

When you stop exercising the critical part of your brain, you allow yourself to get "dumbed down". Sad but true.

• yesidid
    yesidid
    When you stop exercising the critical part of your brain, you allow yourself to get "dumbed down"

The fact of the matter is that many intelligent Witnesses exercise the critical part of their brain on

everything except their religion. As with many other intelligent people who believe weird things,

they believe what they really want to believe.

• ninja
    ninja

just the stupid ones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit