New study shows JWs have the lowest retention rate of US religions

by M.J. 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Good stuff! Thank you for this.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

Wow - the portrait stuff is amazing...basically it looks like Jehovah's Witnesses are some of the most "uneducated" religious people out there...

And apparently - not having nearly as low a divorced seperated rate as some others -- so much for being special in that department.

Thanks for the links to this -- it's been really cool.

• lesterd
    lesterd

A SIGN...thats about the right number, %, that entered the promised land, one third will survive, THE END IS NEAR.

• Maddie
    Maddie

Very interesting survey, thank you for the information.

Maddie

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Front page on CNN.com:

Hindus claimed the highest retention of childhood members, at 84 percent. The group with the worst retention is one of the fastest growing -- Jehovah's Witnesses. Only 37 percent of those raised in the sect known for door-to-door proselytizing said they remain members.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/02/25/religion.survey.ap/index.html

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

To take this further, what if the WTS were contacted for a public statement regarding the above? They have the worst attrition of any US religion. What does that mean? I'd love to hear old JR Brown pull one out of his ass for this one.

• Pickled
    Pickled

http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/20080225/us_time/americasunfaithfulfaithful America's Unfaithful Faithful "An even more extreme example of what might be called "masked churn" is the relatively tiny Jehovah's Witnesses, with a turnover rate of about two-thirds. That means that two-thirds of the people who told Pew they were raised Jehovah's Witnesses no longer are - yet the group attracts roughly the same number of converts. Notes Lugo, "No wonder they have to keep on knocking on doors."

• Open mind
    Open mind

daniel-p:

They have the worst attrition of any US religion. What does that mean?

It means we have "The Troof".

It has to.

It always does.

Give me a few minutes and I'm sure I can come up with an excuse/explanation.

Seriously. Anytime JWs see themselves as the highest/lowest of whatever, it's proof they are "special".

OM

• Vinny
    Vinny

Not only do they have the absolute WORST retention rate of any religion, but the percentages of people "Divorced or Separated" is above the national average, and one of the highest listed.

I'd sure like to think the "one true faith on earth", providing, "food from God today" would do better than that.

Which is why many (who once were JW's) do NOT think they are the one true faith on earth and which is proven by the fact they have the lowest retention rate of any religion today.

And folks are LEAVING the JW's at the highest rate reported, despite the heaviest of consequences heaped upon them of any faith that I know of.

Labeled, judged and shunned by all JW's including your very own family. Yet they STILL have the lowest retention rate today despite these often devastating consequences.

I wonder what makes so many want to GET OUT?

Silly me, I just remembered why. It Must be Satan, secret sins, the wrong heart condition, the internet, bad association etc...

• Satanus
    Satanus

Jws would probably glom onto the idea that they are sifting mankind, and then quote some scriptures ;) Really though, it shows that you can fool some of the people all the time, and you can fool all of the people some of the time. However, you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit