Your pet needs a blood transfusion....

by kerj2leev 10 Replies latest jw friends

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

could a JW allow it and not be punished?

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I didn't even know they did blood transfusions on pets when we had our dog spayed. When I went to pick her up the vet told us she needed a transfusion and I was like WTF??? lol I just didn't tell anybody about it, and was happy to have my doggie home and well.

BB

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

There was a time when you would get in to big trouble, based on the "pour the blood out on the ground" scripture in Leviticus. In other words - don't use it for anything.

If you allowed your pet to take a transfusion you sure weren't promoting all blood being poured out on to the ground as a respectful gesture that the life is in the blood.

Of course that bible principle has been torn to shreds by the "society" allowing the transfusion of blood fractions.

Ain't no blood being poured out on to the ground now! I needs a hell-of-a-lot o' donated blood to make up enough fractions for me to take. mmmmm blood. yummy.

Another wacked out chapter in the history of the JWs....sheesh!

Can I leave soon?

The Oracle

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

BB

You got that, "oh shit" feeling didn't you! LOL

But, honestly I want to know if there is an official stance that the JW's have on this? I remember a while back having a conversation with a witness about checking your pets food to make sure it didn't have blood in it!

Thanks Oracle....What a wacky religion!

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

ha ha ha, actually kerj I did, but just for a sec! lol

I remember people talking about there being no blood in your pets food. I though, ok, um, why is it ok for my cat to eat mice or my dog to get rabbits and whatever else he can catch, but in the dog food I buy, I have to make sure there's no blood in it . Crazy!

Sorry, I don't know the official stance on it, and I have no way of looking that up, I tossed everything.

BB

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Just did a quick search on JWD and found this thread

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/82348/1.ashx

BB

• carla
    carla

An earlier Watchtower magazine had prohibited transfusions for pets, banned fertilizer
    containing blood, and even encouraged JWs to write to dog food manufacturers to verify
    that there is no blood in the food given to dogs. (Feb. 15, 1964, pp. 127-128) Other
    articles asserted that transfusions of blood from criminal donors could impart a criminal
    personality to the recipient. (July 8, 1969 Awake!, p. 30)

The above is from http://www.cftf.com/comments/blood/BloodFractions.html I am not familiar with that page/site, just googled it.

• kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

Thanks guys!

• ttw1981
    ttw1981

The problem with this question and the Watchtower answer to it is that pets don't HAVE souls. The WTBTS believes that the soul is in the blood, but if pets have no souls, what does it matter if they get blood?

• fifi40
    fifi40

Maybe JW pets should carry a 'no blood' card just to be on the safe side.............hee hee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit