Did you take the "Burn in Hell" quiz? Don't bother!

by AlmostAtheist 5 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hey All,

You may have seen the "Are you going to burn in hell? Yes/No" ads at the bottom of some threads. Looks like a fun little thing, doesn't it? Click it, and you'll find yourself taking a short, well-laid-out quiz. The interface is marvelous, I was very impressed.

After 10-15 questions, it said, "While you're waiting for your results" -- because of course it takes TIME to answer such an important question as one's eternal destiny -- "please look at these sponsor's offers". They list a ton (20-30) of sponsors that you are expected to answer Yes or No to about your interest in seeing their sites. While it is labeled as voluntary, if you select No on all of them, it prompts you, "You must select at least one of these great offers" or something on that line.

Fine. You pick one.

Then it prompts you for some personal info. You're signing up for something! So being the god-fearing, law-abiding netizen that I am, I entered a bunch of fake info. Nope, we're smarter than that. Try again. So I tried slightly less fake data. Yes, that passed. Sweet! I finally get to find out if I'm hell-bound or not!

Nope, not yet. The same list came back up. I began to think it must be a ruse -- there really IS no answer. They'll just slap me with ad after ad until I give up. Well, I was almost right. By this time, it was a challenge. I decided to just click and click and click and see what happened. "Skip", "Skip", "No thanks", "Pass", "I stupidly refuse this great offer", etc.

Eventually -- many, many clicks later -- I was told I'm 34% likely to wind up in hell. Clearly the d*mn quiz doesn't even work, since I've been in hell all this week and it didn't even notice!

Word to the wise from the not-as-wise -- don't bother with the hell quiz! (Or any quiz bearing the "World of Quizzes" logo, would be my advice)

Dave

• sacolton
    sacolton

Someone should burn in hell for putting that quiz up.

• Watkins
    Watkins

Thanks for the warning AA. That's like those smoozy emails I've gotten for a FREE something(usually a $100 debit card for a chain store or restaurant) if you answer the survey - no purchase required is a hook for me. But it's all the same scam to get your email addy so they can bombard you with unsolicited crap-mail. I was fooled once and thought never again, but I did get got one more time, lol - they're s-m-o-o-t-h and look so innocent and REAL.

On the bright side, you have a 66% chance of NOT going to hell then, lol. That is if you believe in that, which I don't, which is why I didn't click on that particular quiz in the first place.

Hahaha - sucka! LOL!

watkins

• Gopher
    Gopher

AA -- your post documents quite well how you spent time in "hell" while trying to get an answer.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I clicked on it, but when I got to the part about "while you are waiting for your results" I bailed. Been down that road before.

• wednesday
    wednesday

i clicked on that and found out just what you did. I stopped however b/c I'd done a test like that before and ended up with a bunch of spam. look out, the one i did a year or so ago created an ebay account for me that i had to contact someone to have "frozen" .

It was a scary experience.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit