Did you ever lose patience with unreasonable witnesses?

by Hiddenwindow 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Did you ever get frustrated due to the inability of a Witness friend to reason or be honest about the deficiency of certain WT doctrine?

• trudy
    trudy

wow! you were able to discuss this without them blowing the whistle on you?

my best friend turned me in to the elders, lol!

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

I know what you mean. However, I try to be cautious enough not to make it appear that I am totally against it, but just looking for a good argument to defend the position before a non-Witness. I do have, however, at least two friends with whom I can argue fishy subjects, and who have demonstrated to be loyal friends, because they themselves have many doubts.

• free2beme
    free2beme

About the same feelings as I have toward Jesus Freaks

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I start to lose patience when my study conductor turns into a brick. He does this when I walk him through the Bible on a few verses where it clearly says something and he insists it does not say that.

I have even graphed out on paper the time sequence, place and descriptions, and he still gets unteachable about some things. If I had not heard about the phenomenon of mind control I would conclude he was as dumb as a fence post. But he is not, he is a sincere man so I remain patient with him.

• Dorktacular
    Dorktacular

I get impatient when a JW just doesn't get that I am NOT interested in their religion anymore. I'm not interested in any part of it. I don't want to know what day the memorial is this year. I don't care if there was a new literature release. I don't care when the assembly is. Nope. I don't. My step mother badgers me and, moreso, my wife about "the truth" whenever she comes for a visit. We have to rent a dumpster and a bulldozer to dispose of all the Watchtower literature she leaves hidden all over our house. She even takes my wife's Vogue and Madmoiselle magazines and sticks Watchtowers in the middle of them! I get very impatient when that happens.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I'm so glad my parents never force anything on me. Then again they usually have to pull the "agree to disagree" thing when we argue and I never give them higher ground. I think that has a lot to do with it.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

yes....every time the subject is brought up at home They only think I am So why don't I ??

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

Reminds me of a brother I know whose wife is still captured mentally by the borg, and she is constantly wanting him, to go to meeting, out in service, comment at meetings. His child has mentioned to said spouse a number of times why do you bother when you know going to the meeting, service, and commenting is something that doesn't want to be done??? Might as well be talking to the wall as get them to understand you don't care about the bs.

• LunaFing
    LunaFing

Yes I do. My mother doesn't get that I don't want to go back to "the truth". I've been out of it for 10 years and I'm happier now that I'm out. JW's are all the same. They have zero tolerance for anybody who doesn't have the same beliefs. It's amazing how smart people become narrow minded and stupid when it comes to their religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit