~~~~A kiss is, just a kiss~~~

by YoursChelbie 36 Replies latest jw friends

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Do you know where this quote comes from?

It's from a favorite movie to many: Casablanca

What is your favorite "quote" from a movie? and why?

YC

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

"Goose - you big STUD you, take me to bed or lose me forever!" - Top Gun

"I'll have what she's having." - When Harry Met Sally

Self explanatory.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. … Time to die."

-Roy Batty's (played by Rutger Hauer) dying words in Blade Runner. When I was a kid, I snuck in with a buddy to see Blade Runner in the theater when we were supposed to be watching something more wholesome. Those words just stuck with me for some reason.

• JK666
    JK666

Say hello to my little friend - Scarface

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

"the force will be with you...always."

I'm a nerd.

• chickpea
    chickpea

"in a world where carpenters get resurrected, everything is possible"

eleanor of acquitaine, wife of henry II, played by katharine hepburn in "the lion in winter"

( there are at least a dozen more from that film that i interject into pithy moments)

• faundy
    faundy

Hawkeye to Cora, in The Last of the Mohicans:

"If they don't kill you, they'll take you north to Huron land. You submit, do you hear? You're strong, you'll survive. You stay alive, no matter what occurs. And I will find you. Not matter how long it takes, no matter how far. I WILL find you."

Makes me cry every time- I've never seen a line acted with so much passion.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

"I’ve got a message for Larry. You tell him this is what it’s all about. This is the real happening. If you want to know what love really is, take a look around you. It’s giving life that counts. Until you’re ready for it, all the rest is just a big fraud. All the crazy haircuts in the world won’t keep it turning. Life isn’t a love in, it’s the dishes and the orthodontist and the shoe repairman and ... ground round instead of roast beef. And I’ll tell you something else: it isn’t going to a bed with a man that proves you’re in love with him; it’s getting up in the morning and facing the drab, miserable, wonderful everyday world with him that counts."

Henry Fonda "Yours Mine and Ours"

• willdabeerman
    willdabeerman

"I am really PISSED OFF!"-Roger Rees as Sherrif of rottingham. "Pissed off? If I were that close to a horses wieney I'd be more worried about being pissed ON."-Dave Chappelle as Achoo in ROBIN HOOD-MEN IN TIGHTS. Why is it my favourite? I do not know. But this is my favourite movie of all time.

• beksbks
    beksbks

"Aye, fight and you may die, run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM"

Braveheart

Oh, I forgot the why. Probably because the scene is so hopeless, and yet they muster their courage, and prevail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit