Any ROCKY HORROR fans?

by sacolton 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• sacolton
    sacolton

In the early 80s, I loved going to The Rocky Horror Picture Show every Saturday night at midnight. Once I became a JW in 1999, RHPS
    was no longer doing a midnight showing (thanks DVD!), but every Halloween some theater would play the movie. I told my wife, who was
    born into the religon, about RHPS and how she would love seeing the movie at the theater as it should be seen, so one Halloween night I
    took her to see her very first RHPS movie and we had a blast. Yeah, I'm a bad association. Ha! Ha!

Anyone else a RHPS fan?

Do cults watch cult movies?

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

I went this past Halloween as well for the first time in 30 years. We had WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!!

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

went a few times in late 80s. Mad fun.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I went once in the '90s. It was great! Almost insane how obsessed some of the fans are.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Yes, but I never got to see it live. I was shocked the first time I saw the unsensored version where they canibablize Eddie. Other than that scene, I love the movie. Andy does frankenfurter at Karaoke almost better than Tim Curry. He learned to do that going to see the midnight showings. He's won a few karaoke contests doing Sweet Transvestite. I bought him the Rocky Horror Picture Show posable figures. I enherited them:

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Love the movie, regret not going to see it when it was at the UC Theather in Berkeley when it was still open. First time seeing was on VH1. Lust after Tim Curry...is that weird?

Josie

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Lust after Tim Curry...is that weird?

No, not at all. I have heard straight men say he is exciting. And he is! Yum. Such passion and charisma.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Okay, I will admit it. As a teen, long before being a JW, I was going to the
    every Saturday at midnight RHPS at the Biograph Theater in Chicago.

The movie itself is lame- no reason to watch a DVD at home. It's the
    characters and the audience-added lines that makes the movie what it
    became.

You made me do THE TIME WARP again!

• avishai
    avishai

I don't think the movie (or the music) is lame at all. It's a tribute to bad 50's b sci-fi and horror movies in the first place. Looking at it from that perspective, it's great. Tim Curry has a great voice, so does Richard O'Brien. Barry bostwick has some pipes too!

• avishai
    avishai

Speaking of which, I'm trying to get a bluegrass version done.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit