real one --- please provide proof here

by kwintestal 230 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• real one
    real one

the gospels do not contradict each other they all agree and if you study them they do not elude to falsehood

• real one
    real one

i have heard about the gospel of thomas and find that it is not credible

• real one
    real one

mark and Luke were not apostles they were purely eyewitnesses

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

What makes the gospel of Thomas any more or less credible? Was it because he doubted?

Kwin

• real one
    real one

paul if you mean saul he was an eyewitness to Jesus ressurection

• real one
    real one

most scolars agree that the gospel of Thomas is agnostic it was written by a non-jew

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

From Wikipedia

St. Paul the Apostle ( Hebrew: ???? ????? ? Ša?ul HaTarsi, meaning "Saul of Tarsus", Ancient Greek: Sa??? Saul and Sa???? Saulos and ?a???? Paulos [1] ), the "Apostle to the Gentiles" [2] was, together with Saint Peter and James the Just, [3] the most notable of early Christian missionaries. Unlike the Twelve Apostles, there is no indication that Paul ever met Jesus prior to the latter's crucifixion. [4] According to Acts, his conversion took place as he was traveling the road to Damascus, and experienced a vision of the resurrected Jesus. [5] Paul asserts that he received the Gospel not from man, but by "the revelation of Jesus Christ". [6]

Paul NEVER met Jesus.

Kwin

• real one
    real one

kwin thats what i said

• kwintestal
    kwintestal
    paul if you mean saul he was an eyewitness to Jesus ressurection

No, this is what you said. How can he be an eyewitness to the resurrection if they never met? Am I missing something?

Kwin

• jgnat
    jgnat
    jgnat sorry i dont have time to write pages of a lot of unuseful info. KISS, i get to the point

Then you don't have time to develop your argument. You have not connected the dots for the readers for all your points and lay it out in a logical manner. That is, if you intend to confront logical people, you do have to take the time. Here we are days and pages later, and you have not been simple, and you have not got to the point. Your reasoning has flown all over the map.

I suspect time is not the issue here. I suspect you don't know how to lay out a logical argument.

Luke, Matt,John,Paul...Tacitus

Luke was not an eye-witness. He related the accounts of others. Was Paul at Jesus Cruxifiction? I can't remember him relating an eyewitness account. Similarly, Tacitus' account is third-hand.

That leaves the accounts of Matthew and John. They are still not primary sources, as we have written fragements of their testimony, copied many times. That is, Matthew and John are not here to verify if their stories are true. The copies, also, are not exact duplicates. Accuracy was not a chief concern of early Christians.

http://www.carm.org/evidence/gospels_written.htm

http://www.leaderu.com/orgs/probe/docs/bib-docu.html

I should also point out that there are other texts, rejected by the Nicene Council, relating to Jesus' childhood and so on. Why were they considered, three hundred years later, to be unreliable? It wouldn't be, perhaps, because it did not fit in with the approved doctrine?

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/index.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit