Firm and determined in this time of the end!

by dawg 38 Replies latest jw friends

• dawg
    dawg

Remember that song, the thousands of examples of good JWs standing up to the secular authorities? We used to sing it "Herman's determined" LOL!

I've been a member on this site for almost a year, why is it we allow our loved ones to keep us from taking a stand? Now, before you guys rail on me, just look again at the evidence... its over whelming that this religion is full of it!

Why is it you don't personally take a stand? Realizing all the while that I understand why many of you don't so don't be defenseive, I'm not attacking you, I just want to know.

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya
    Why is it you don't personally take a stand?

I took a stand and that is: We are, collectively, God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ5UVxnS114&feature=related

• BreakingAway
    BreakingAway

How about giving it a rest with that video ! I really don't need to see it every single time you give a comment.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Hi Howard,

I assume that by "take a stand" you mean openly confront JW family & friends with what is wrong with the religion.

Pragmatism & how much I have invested in my marriage & kids.

If I didn't care so much about my wife & kids, it would be very tempting to just say "Here's how I see it. Deal with it."

My wife isn't ready for a direct assault.

Slow and steady wins the race. Hopefully.

If it all blows up eventually, then I will have wasted some time and emotional pain over all this.

If my wife does finally see the light....priceless.

OM

• Dogaradodya
    Dogaradodya

I'm always plugging in select classical music. The classical composers did a great job of rolling out the red carpet for the eventual manifestation of God. What Beethoven, Mozart, Bach and the rest could not articulate during their time, they expounded by means of cerebral music. The symphony is a graphic demonstration of God. I'm not imposing classical music. I just use it to drive home a point.

This is my last post. I can only post five a day. Good night, everybody!

• dawg
    dawg

Open Mind... I know they're many ways to skin a cat so to speak... what have you done and how's it working if you don't mind me asking?

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

One thing I grew to hate about the Witnesses is their complete intolerance for other people's belief system. I loved that my new found "worldy" evil friends were so understanding and could care less what I believed. They don't try to force me to see things their way like the Witnesses. Everyone has freedom of religion here. If I am asked, and I have been, I will tell Witnesses what I have found out. But I present it as, this are the facts deal with it as you wish.

All of us here know that they will not listen to anything negative about their religion, UNLESS they are already having doubts. And even then they still fear reprisals from elders, family, and, unltimately, Jehovah. If they are ready to listen they will absorb the info at their own pace and way. And hopefully they find a supportive group like the one here. Then they can find out even more and gain the courage to do what they feel is best.

momz

• Mary
    Mary

Has anyone read Dogaradodya's profile? It says in part:

The reason I want to link up with fellow ex-JWs is because I want to set up United World. It will be a parallel or even superior organization to the United Nations. It aims to unite all religions, discover God once and for all, if any, or define a universal God. Maybe you can help. I cannot do it alone.

Gosh, where do I sign up??!!

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Mary, that sounds like what Judge Rutherford would have said. Look where that got everyone?

dogawhatever is a coocoo bird.

momz

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

That was actually one of the better Kingdom Melodies.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit