Evolutions billion dollar question!

by Blackboo 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

'in fact it is the SUN moving not the EARTH! If you standing outside u can literally see the SUN set..if the earth was really moving..we would feel it'

Nobody can be this stupid, can they?? It's gotta be a joke.

S

• Caedes
    Caedes
    lol no evidence of intelligent design around the earth....wow. I have researched the theory of the EARTH moving..in fact it is the SUN moving not the EARTH! If you standing outside u can literally see the SUN set..if the earth was really moving..we would feel it..try sky diving at the earth going at speeds of 400 miles per hour..and see if u land in the same spot. There is no evidence of the earth moving..that is a lie and is false.

Blackboo, what research did you do? which textbooks did you read? I am assuming that you are a teenager?

Do you understand that you have not studied anything other than one religious opinion. If you genuinely want to understand the world around you, then you need to learn about objectivity in the first place i.e. if you want to learn about evolution then read a book about it, dont ask for info from your sunday school teacher.

If you are just trolling then you know where to stick it.

• veradico
    veradico

I found the following passage in that article on the evolution of emotion interesting:

"An emotion is not reducible to any one category of effects, such as effects on physiology, behavioral inclinations, cognitive appraisals, or feeling states, because it involves evolved instructions for all of them together, as well as other mechanisms distributed throughout the human mental and physical architecture.

"All cognitive programs - including superordinate programs of this kind - are sometimes mistaken for 'homunculi', that is, entities endowed with "free will". A homunculus scans the environment and freely chooses successful actions in a way that is not systematic enough to be implemented by a program. It is the task of cognitive psychologists to replace theories that implicitly posit such an impossible entity with theories that can be implemented as fixed programs with open parameters."

I tend to think of emotion as a certain category of judgments, i.e. judgments that a benefit or harm is being done to one's self or to a person or thing with which one identifies (family, friends, God, country, etc.). This category of judgments (emotion) produces certain physiological and psychological effects (feelings), but these are secondary and contingent. Specific emotions will arise spontaneously when one encounters specific situations, and specific feelings will result from the emotions. Thus, as the author states, one cannot locate "free will" in the situation. However, though I think our behavior at a given moment is determined, I think we can modify ourselves in the present so that our reactions in the future will be different from what they would be now. What do you all think?

• metatron
    metatron

Number one: Gorillas can talk - after being taught sign language. In one case, a trained gorilla in a zoo told the zookeeper that she

had a toothache and rated it an 8 on a scale of 1 to 10. This is not a joke.

Number two: of course emotions are chemical! You can make a hen act like a rooster simply by injecting it with the right

hormones. If you don't think chemistry controls emotion, THEN HOW do antidepressant drugs work?

metatron

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I don't where I would begin, there's just too much work to do here...

I'm so glad I can go back to believing the Earth is flat and that God is telling my shoes to stay tied at the moment...

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

I know when the first emotion took place, it was by Adam when he did his first fart, it was mankind's very first grin and the rest is history

The very first frown was by Eve when she smelled it

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

"The Molecules of Emotion" by Candace Pert

• MissingLink
    MissingLink
    Is everything random in the Universe? How does the SUN know how SET AND RISE?

Good Point!

And whenever you're on your front porch talking on the phone and having a good-ole poop - how does the poop KNOW to go down into the toilet instead of up in the air? Obviously God is telling it! This nonsense scientist tell us about gravity is a bunch of nonsense. It's god talking to the stuff to tell it which way to go.

Why's a rainbow good? Why are boobs good? They just are.

Keep the faith boo. We'll conver-em yet.

• middleman
    middleman

Not that I agree with you missinglink , but your post is hilarious hehe. Blessings.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit