Re: Suicide card

by carla 62 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

The problem in the case of teenagers is that no one can seem to agree on what constitutes and "adult" in regards to medical care. In BC, where I live, 14 year old girls can have sex, get birth control and have an abortion without consent or knowledge of their parents. They are considered adults who can make their own medical decisions. This is the basis that Bethany Hubert's case in Alberta was argued on. She was 16, I believe but the judge did not consider her an adult. Teenagers are still under the control and influence of their parents and so need to be protected under the law from the blood transfusion doctrine, I believe. I guess they decide it on a case by case basis. Still, a 14 year old can not vote, get married, drink, etc, as they are not mature enough. Should they be allowed to make "right to die" or "refuse treatment" decisions? I don't think so, but the law disagrees with me here! Dangerous doctrine any way you look at it. In this case, I think the law should err on the side of protecting minors since these are life threatening issues.

Cog

• wednesday
    wednesday

Blood is not usually given unless it is a very serious situation. I know that did not used to be the way the medical profession treated things but things changed. They found out serious things can be passed via blood and other body fluids. even Medicare will not pay for the first 3 units of blood.

All that said, if an emergency happened and a person needed blood -it is suicide to refuse it. I don't care what anyone's stupid religion says. It is suicide. I made it clear to my DH before he left jws that if he were ever unconscious and needed blood- he'd receive it. At least he'll be alive to forgive me or thank me. If he were conscious-I'd knock myself out screaming and crying until he took the blood. I will not let my husband sacrifice his life on the altar of an ancient Jewish law that is misapplied.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Good wednesday !! So now he is no longer a JW,right?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit