Anybody out there an Agnostic mentally but a Believer at Heart? (like me)

by Meeting Junkie No More 25 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Witchs Son
    Witchs Son

I am, in a way. I believe a lot of what old holly books recorded was based on reality, those people back then were not stupid morons, they may have lacked sophistication but I believe they by and large recorded what their eyes saw and ears heard, No more no less.

• tooktheredpill
    tooktheredpill

"With my heart I WANT to BELIEVE. I love the idea of an all-powerful Deity that cares for me and the rest of humanity."

Ditto.

• oompa
    oompa

Sorry Charlie........it ain't happening for me........Total BS is Total BS........I just wish I had never woke up....................oompa

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I knew if I stuck around here long enough I'd find an explaination of how I feel about it all. That's it! I am agnostic mentally but a believer at heart. How screwed up is that

i knew that if i stuck around long enough i would find someone who was looking for someone to explain how they felt and then for that someone to find said someone and breathe a sigh of relief that someone felt similarly and the first someone to also feel relief that they weren't alone and that their thinking wasnt stupid.

how cool is that

and then there three..at least..if not more in fact

• Mariusuk.
    Mariusuk.

Nope

Wanting to believe just means that naturally like a lot of people you are afraid of either death or not being around after your death, good thing is eventually you will actually get to know the answers!! Just enjoy your life while you have it.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

What a great way to put it... agnostic mentally but believer at heart.

Yes, that's pretty much it... and no, the bible may have been inspired by a god and yearning for god but it is most certainly not god's word verbatim.

I do believe, though... in something. The All Within the All. There are just too many things that can be felt and can be experienced but that have no rational scientific explanations... YET. I believe all things are knowable... and that Spirit and Science are far, far more compatible than they both protest to be.

• chicken little
    chicken little

I want to believe but I feel that I am in a state of suspended belief. I cant prayer...dont want to? Maybe, yet I miss it. My feelings are so messed up with regards to my spirituality that I feel like I am in a sea and treading water waiting for a miracle to happen. Deep down I know that the solution lies with me, I need to sort out my feelings and insecurities rather than grasping at the faith raft. In response to your views on church buildings and their beauty I must say that throughout my life I have been amazed and humbled at times at the deep need in humans to show reverance to a deity by producing such fantastic buildings. I would often see beautiful churches in out of the way villages, built by poor people with a deep reverance for God. At times the building of a cathederal as in Barcalona, which is still not complete after 300 years is something to ponder over..........imagine a project that you know cannot be completed in your lifetime and yet still undertook with the thought that others would carry on the work. We lack that vision today. I have never looked down on these buildings no matter how oppulant or over the top some may seem......you give your best to God isnt that what we are told to do? These people did, even out of their poverty. The results last for 100s of years and stands as a witness to their faith and trust in God. Whatever one thinks of the teachings within the church the desire to look beyond themselves and touch God in some way shines through.

• hmike
    hmike

So what do you do when your heart and mind don't agree? What if you intuitively see something as true, but reasoning doesn't support it? Should reason be a tool, or should it rule?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - that would be me

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, that is a good description. I don't know what to believe in. But I want to believe that there is something more than primal urges, of just surviving because of instinct that comes with evolution. I want to believe in a God of love.....

I was never Catholic, but always loved the statues, and the beautiful works of art, and the music. I like the stories of some of the saints, especially the one that blessed the animals. I don't know his name, but what a nice thing to do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit