Are we really in the year 2013/2014?

by Legolas 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

Does anyone here have knowledge of the calendar system?

Since Jesus was really born in 5/6 B.C does that put us in 2013/2014?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Legolas:

Does anyone here have knowledge of the calendar system?

Yes. In fact, I have one on my wall and can confirm that it's 2008.

Since Jesus was really born in 5/6 B.C does that put us in 2013/2014?

Jesus is a semi-mythological character and the stories about his birth are complete fabrications. Your best bet is to stick with the same number for the current year that everyone else uses, or you'll just cause confusion.

Try http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/ if you're not sure.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Yeah... what Derek said... and don't write any checks - dating them 2013 - or 2014, either. Or we may not hear back from you for a very long time.

Regards,

Jim TX

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

remember time is an invention of man - and is relative. Why is it February the 4th today - well actually it is not because it is now 3 pm in the afternoon in London and it is tomorrow in New Zealand. Same with years and calendars etc.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Having been in New Zealand a day ago, I can attest to that fact.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

And if we look at the International date line -even that is partially arbitary

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Why do you say 6BC? I thought Jesus was bor in 2AD?

On a related topic - does anyone know WHY the non-jewish people were doing a date count-down to about when Jesus was born? Is this the calendar the Romans were using? If so - why?

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Why do you say 6BC? I thought Jesus was bor in 2AD?

I say that because in Matthew 2:19, 20 Herod died (4 B.C) and Joseph was told to take Mary and the 'child' back to Israel.

• Connaughty
    Connaughty

I beleive that we are in 2008. I sent an email to my Retirement Plan Administrator, about your historic findings hoping to retire early, and darn it all the email came back. It said get back to work, it's 2008. They would be in a good position in knowing about that.

For a minute there, you had me feeling a bit relieved.

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

It is interesting that Christ can be born BC. Now that's logic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit