Question: Can the end come before a witness is given in China, etc.?

by Olin Moyles Ghost 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Hello. I have enjoyed reading this board off-and-on over the past several months. The collective knowledge on this board is impressive. Anyway, to my question... It is common knowledge among witnesses that there are large populations that have not received the "good news." The first one that comes to mind is China. Also, there is effectively no JW presence in most of India and the Muslim world. So, China, India, and the Muslim world adds up to 3 billion people or so. Thus, around half the world's population has not received the "good news." My question is how can JWs believe that the end can come at any time? Doesn't Matt. 24:14, Mark 13:10, etc., say the good news has to be preached in all the earth? Well, they're about halfway there. And, if it really doesn't matter whether those 3 billion people receive the kingdom message, why is the preaching work so important? Any insight is appreciated.

• jefferywhat
    jefferywhat

Interesting question. Bookmarked.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

From the JWs point of view, yes. They have referred to the scripture where it says something like: "they will not complete the circuit of the cities" to support this.

• tula
    tula
    Thus, around half the world's population has not received the "good news." My question is how can JWs believe that the end can come at any time? Doesn't Matt. 24:14, Mark 13:10, etc., say the good news has to be preached in all the earth? Well, they're about halfway there

Just because the JWs have not gotton a foothold there as well as in other countries does not mean that the Holy Spirit has not completed the mission.

You are still confused that JWs are bringing "the truth" to the world. WTS is corrupt and have mixed lies with whatever grain of truths they may have.

Just because the Chinese have not heard the JW dribble does not mean that spiritual truths have not reached that area of the world.

• ibme
    ibme

Welcome

Olin Moyles Ghost

• Satanus
    Satanus

The wt has used the communal responsibility reasoning. Thus, nancy yun gave a witness to china a few yrs ago and was rejected by chinese leaders. Now, wt god can destroy a billion chinese w full righteousness and justice. Simple, eh? Don't know why he is tarrying. Maybe, he doesn't exist.

S

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

The answer that is always given is that if they don't personally here the good news, there would be a community responsibility upon there heads. The same reasoning that is used to as regards minor children of non believers. The parents would take responsibility for the death of there children. I'm not saying this is just or justice but this is the reason (excuse)given.

Also they say (Wt) that the good news would be preached in ALL nations not necessarily to each individual.

Hope4Others

• 5go
    5go

No, read up on the Yellow Turban rebellion. The Chinese hate evangelical religions because if it. The Yellow Turban rebellion lead to the three kingdoms period (Not a good time) and the Chinese remember it well. Also the Yellow Turban could of very well been a result of an early christian missionary attempt in China.

• Layla33
    Layla33
    The wt has used the communal responsibility reasoning. Thus, nancy yun gave a witness to china a few yrs ago and was rejected by chinese leaders. Now, wt god can destroy a billion chinese w full righteousness and justice. Simple, eh? Don't know why he is tarrying. Maybe, he doesn't exist.

S

I literally laughed out loud on this. When one really examines the ludricous ideas of the JWs, it is that silly and ridiculous.

• blondie
    blondie

In a 2000 WT study article the WTS says an individual witness will not be necessary and refers to community responsibility.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit