Danish film, "Worlds Apart," (about JW girl) reviewed by XJW author

by AndersonsInfo 53 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

I thought the film was slightly-above-average myself. It seemed like a bit of a "niche" film, made possibly for Dubs who had doubts or "worldlies" interested in Dubs.

I tell you what: I wish somebody would make a film based largely on the information in the book "Judging Jehovah's Witnesses". It's a brilliant and reasonably impartial exposition of the experience of Witnesses in America in the WWII era. It highlights the bravery of individual Dubs during times of intolerance while subtly hinting at the stupidity and ignorance of the WT leadership.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again (Any Jews reading this please take the following as an emblem of respect): "My people" died in the Holocaust too! (albeit for somewhat different reasons) IMHO, it's high time we had our own "Schindler's List".

Why?

Because we're experiencing our own Holocaust right now... in the form of SHUNNING and paranoia regarding "apostacy"!

• bohm
    bohm

About the beard... It is totally okay for an JW-elder to have a beard in Denmark.

Furthermore its tollerated for women to wear trousers in the field service.

- Bohms girlfriend :)

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Bookmarking

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

just watched it for the first time as I was avoiding it for obvious reasons, really well made shame she could'nt go the whole way with her mum and brother in exposing the false doctrine a lot more, like what were the "books" her brother had been reading etc? but the shunning , JC's etc were well made, wondering how they reconstructed the DC ? .The scene when she secretly spoke to her younger brother about "judgment day" being a lie and the final prayer to Jerkobah on the train were quite emotional!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit