More Bad News

by Undecided 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

One of my first cousins who I grew up with has a bad cancer. Her mother died last year. We were close when we were kids back in the 40's and 50's. I hate to see so many of my relatives dying but I guess everyone who gets old faces this, if you don't die first. I should just enjoy what time I have left I guess if you can figure out how to do it. I'll be 72 next week but am still in good health, I hope.

Ken P.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

Spend the time doing things you enjoy. You have earned it.

momz

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Sorry for your bad news. You just be there, be human and humane.
    Strength to you.

• bonnzo
    bonnzo

hey, ken p., do i know who it is?

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

So sorry to hear Ken. Good health to you and yours. Hey, you're stil young at 72, good job!

NMG

• BFD
    BFD

Ken, believe it or not I know exactly how you feel. In the 1980's when I was only in my 20's the AIDS epidemic was killing off my friends faster than I could keep up. It is really hard when you feel helpless to do anything in these situations. To this day I have guilt about surviving when so many did not.

You are right in that the older you get more people will precede you in death. That's only natural. It's not so natural for a 20 something year old guy to go through. I'm sorry about your cousin. Be strong.

Live each day to the fullest and be thankful for your good health.

All the best.

BFD

• prophecor
  • worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

In advance- Happy Birthday to you. Take care of yourself, and your family/friends.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you sound depressed - what can you do that is cheerful and fun? After all, you are healthy and in good shape, you should try to have some fun. I can relate to how you feel - I'm not 72, but I'll be 60 soon and I'm starting to look at things that I'll never accomplish.

• flipper
    flipper

UNDECIDED- So sorry to hear the sad news. I hope you can try to find happiness as you are able to ; while being supportive to those who need you as well. Peace to you, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit