You can be spied on even when your cellphone is off!!!

by ohiocowboy 71 Replies latest social current

• ibme
    ibme

Tula

Sir/Madam the WBTS theocratic ministry school hand book says, one needs to consider the audience when giving a talk from the platform/door step.

I’ve been here on JWD since it began and on H2O before that. I say little though think a lot about what is said or inferred here.

It seems that this audience sometimes will listen only to “respected” (by their standards) views whether they make sense or not. Others will listen and reason and say nothing, but will think about it.

For some if you say it’s white they say it’s black. Maybe they are playing the “devils advocate” - who knows? Some seem to be working on debating skills, others are playing politics by siding with the more prominent or vocal posters.

Maybe it’s like the weather vane - which ever way the wind blows the vane turns.

So you ask me in your post 1301 of 1312 if people here would like to “dig” a little. Well Tula it’s anybodies guess.

Information can be checked and can help to empower people if used correctly.

A person can’t make good choices if one don’t keep their minds, ears and eyes open and ponder and dig.

Count me in for wanting to learn as much as possible while not talking too much.

Me thinkin’ me talkin’ too much

• ohiocowboy
  • ibme
    ibme

Thanks ohiocowboy for your # 1813 post.

Me hope others will/have read and digested.

This information use to be science fiction. Well .....

When it comes to 'privacy' this matter is bigger than most think or what to think.

Again thanks.

• tula
  • tula
    tula

United Kingdom: ID Cards: Procurement Process Begins

14 August 2007
    Article by Yuban Moodley

The UK Government has formally launched the procurement process for the national ID cards scheme. The contracts are thought to be worth around £2 billion, with the two highest value projects likely to cost £500 million each.

United Kingdom: Biometric Data Collection

22 November 2007
    Article by Caron Pope, Sarah Keeley and Emily Pope

By April 2008 all visa applicants over 5 years old will be required to supply biometric data before they are issued with visas to travel to the UK. Roll out has already been taking place on a country-by-country basis....

http://www.mondaq.com/article.asp?article_id=54590&lk=1

• tula
    tula

The Global Monitoring for Environment and Security (GMES) concept was endorsed by the EU Commission in 2001 with the aim of “establishing by 2008 a European capacity for Global Monitoring of Environment and Security” to gather and use all available data and information in support of

GRID Bioinformatics in place worldwide.

• Jourles
    Jourles

I read through this thread and felt the urgent need to correct a few inaccuracies....

Another thing folks may not realize....those black cords stretched across the streets.....

Most people mistakenly think they are "traffic counters". They are NOT. They pick up a signal embedded in your car tag. This signal has all of your basic information...name, address, registration, driving history, etc. If you will notice, when you drive over those cords, you may see cords further down within another few miles, or on a turn off street.

The purpose of this is to register your rate of speed from point A to point B.

Whoa, I don't even know where to begin with this one. There are a bunch of stated "facts" here. Rather than trying to point out the many inaccuracies of this post, I would like to ask Tula to provide proof of existence of these items instead:

• Automated Traffic Counters ("those black cords") with built-in RFID to read personally identifiable information
    • ATC's reading your car tag with "name, address, registration, driving history, etc."

And then there is:

A few years ago when I got my new car tag with the magnetic hologram in it, I went to radio shack and used their demagnetizer on it before I attached it to car.

The next year, instead of sending me a peel off to place on the tag......they sent me a whole new tag again.

Let me get the terminology straight here. I assume by "car tag," you mean the actual license plate - the metal 6"x12" plate that you affix to the rear of your car. And by the "peel off," you're referring to the standard yearly registration renewal sticker?

First off, what is a "magnetic hologram," and how exactly do you "demagnetize" it? Did the gentleman at Radio Shack ask why you were trying to demagnetize a hologram? I'm just curious as to what this would accomplish.

Ok, there's quite a bit more left on this thread to question, but I need to get some work done.

• tula
    tula

First off, what is a "magnetic hologram," and how exactly do you "demagnetize" it? Did the gentleman at Radio Shack ask why you were trying to demagnetize a hologram? I'm just curious as to what this would accomplish.

Jourles, I am not really sure the demagnatizing accomplished anything. It was a suggestion for me to try that. All I know was that the county sent me a whole new tag the next year instead of a sticker which is most unusual.

Anyway, as far as the cords...you will believe it when you get your first automated ticket for speeding.

Also, you will believe it when you see military pull you over for going beyond your authorized jurisdiction.

This is one of the least matters of surveillence out there and is some of the oldest technology compared with the up to date stuff.

• Caedes
    Caedes

'De-magnetizing' holograms! Priceless.

Automated speeding tickets? we have those over here, strangely, the world still turns on its axis. You can take the precaution of not speeding, they have real difficulty in sending you tickets if you don't break the law.

Now, where did I put that aluminium foil?

• Jourles
    Jourles
    Anyway, as far as the cords...you will believe it when you get your first automated ticket for speeding.

Well, the problem is, where do they get your information from in order to send you a ticket? There are systems out there for automatically ticketing speeding drivers, but they rely on photographic methods. A photo is taken of the driver and also the license plate. The mailing address of the owner of the vehicle is retrieved from the state motor vehicle department. A citation is then mailed to the address of the owner along with a photo of who was driving and their recorded speed. Those automated traffic analysis "tubes" are just that, they're for traffic analysis only.

All I know was that the county sent me a whole new tag the next year instead of a sticker which is most unusual.

Nothing sinister there. Do you happen to live in Michigan? Did you have the "Ol' Blue" license plate? Of the three vehicles I own, two had the original Blue plate(car and motorcycle). My other auto has the "Save Our Lights" lighthouse plate. The two "Ol' Blues" were replaced due to visibility concerns.(white lettering on dark blue) The "lighthouse" plate didn't need to be changed because the background was already white. This particular plate was also 3 1/2 years old.

Also, you will believe it when you see military pull you over for going beyond your authorized jurisdiction.

I'm not quite sure I understand this. Could you please clarify? I have a picture in my mind of a civilian driving onto a military base, but then the "authorized jurisdiction" is throwing me off.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit