• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

welcome to the board

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Love having you here.

Love and hugs,

Gramma Velta

She's a sweetheart. And she says people here will become like family. I want to add that we all became brothers and sisters when we part of the org. That hasn't changed now that we have left. There is a palpable bond here. And the best thing is that the governing body cannot break this bond.

• Younglove1999
    Younglove1999

Hi and welcome

You mentioned how the "worldy" people were open minded, honest, and nice people. That's how I felt about people too and I struggled for the longest time as a JW since I had to find ways to put myself above such amazing people who just happened to have another faith or some who had no faith at all.

It's great to finally wake up from that mindset

• snowbird
    snowbird

Hi and welcome from A-L-A-B-A-M-A.

Sylvia

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I am also fading in my own way.

My wife's dad is a devout witness. He was baptised over 50 years ago. But he is like no other witness I know. He actually reads his bible and tries hard to imitate Christ. Sounds more like a Christian than a JW to me! LOL

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Welcome from Australia mate!!! Roughly the same age and simular story...hang in there.

• cognac
    cognac

Hello!!!! Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

Welcome AHR, great to have you here.

Well done on fading on your terms.

This place is one in a million.

Look forward to hearing some more from you.

Sam

• flipper
    flipper

AND HE RAN- Welcome to the board my friend. I too am considered the " black sheep " of my family as well. Most of my family are witnesses , dad is an elder too . He and my mom treat me well, but not my brother and sisters , or my daughters. Many of us are going through what you are going through. If I can ever be of assistance please feel free to pm me friend, Peace out, Mr. Flipper . Mrs. Flipper sends her regards as well. Peace.

• Layla33
    Layla33

Welcome.

It is very comforting to interact with people who understand the JW past.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit